GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've borrowed a wideband to check my AFR's and it seems that they are not mactching the AF values in the fuel map on my datalogit screen.

I've used an Rx7 version before and it had a base map tab that was adjusted to match the actual AFR's being read and the correction map was then used to specify the new target figures. I don't seem to have this tab on my datalogit version though, is this normal?

How can I map my afr's if the map isn't actually showing the real figures? :confused:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I see now that I'm supposed to use the ReCalc Base function.

It's disabled on my dataloggit though :confused:

Help!

Do I have a dodgy version? I have V2.124, does anyone have a different version I can try???

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i used the setup tab then aux and manualy adjusted the figures until i had it right.
That's fine for calibrating the sensor but I still can't set the target AFR's in the map because I don't know what the correction value is actually correcting

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I got onto the datalogit user group and I know what I'm supossed to do now

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
the recal function is not really meant to be used as if for example you set the figures you want and then recal all your +/- figures will be at 14.5 etc which is not good for things like 02 sensor closed loop adjustment as you specify a target fuel figure to activate the closed loop control usually around 14-15 afr or so if all your figues are the same you will get o2 sensor control over all your map, not good at full throttle!!

usually if your afr values are different to your specified values its down to the injector setup and lag times or maf calibration its best not to worry too much about what figures are in the power fc fuel section and just adjust the figures in the power fc to get the afrs you desire on the wideband

hope this helps, im not too good at explaining things like this lol

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the recal function is not really meant to be used as if for example you set the figures you want and then recal all your +/- figures will be at 14.5 etc which is not good for things like 02 sensor closed loop adjustment as you specify a target fuel figure to activate the closed loop control usually around 14-15 afr or so if all your figues are the same you will get o2 sensor control over all your map, not good at full throttle!!

usually if your afr values are different to your specified values its down to the injector setup and lag times or maf calibration its best not to worry too much about what figures are in the power fc fuel section and just adjust the figures in the power fc to get the afrs you desire on the wideband

hope this helps, im not too good at explaining things like this lol
No that makes perfect sense, thanks for the help :thumbsup:

I'm going to do just that and ignore afr numbers in the map and concentrate on adjusting the corrections until I get what I'm after on the wideband display.

Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts