GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , due to the alarm being a pain in my R35 GTR im going to change the battery to a optima yellowtop and use a ctek charger over winter.

This is the one i was going to get----
Optima Yellow Top Car Battery / Optima Batteries / Batteries by Application

Im offshore just now so i cant go and physically check on my car on what size the terminals are so can anyone tell me if it has the thinner jap spec terminal (narrow post) or the conventional sized ones? obviously i need the reversed terminal one but i was just unsure on the terminal size.

Grant

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
I changed my battery for the same reason recently, I went for the EuroCar parts battery :

Exide Premium Battery 156 4 Year Guarantee

Dropped in perfectly, no issues, good battery and cost around £60

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate , typed the detail's into euro car parts finder and al the batterys list as having the JIS terminals or the narrow posts.

Did this sort your alarm issues?

cheers

Grant

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
If you're using a ctek the europarts battery is the one to get. Comes with 4 year guarantee, and easy swap if any problems. Speaking from experience.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Thanks mate , typed the detail's into euro car parts finder and al the batterys list as having the JIS terminals or the narrow posts.

Did this sort your alarm issues?

cheers

Grant
JIS terminals is correct, and I am currently monitoring the alarm at the moment, will report back.

I did mention on another post that I have checked the error code from the siren and on the basis of that disconnected the battery for about 45 minutes to clear/reset things.

Having done that it has cleared the error code, and now I am waiting to see if the alarm goes off again.

It was happening about once every week, let's see fingers crossed !

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys , ill get a battery ordered and see how i get on , hop it fixes this alarm.

Grant

1 - 7 of 7 Posts