GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi wondering if anyone would be kind enough to offer me a little advice

Strange thing has happened a few times forgot to turn the headlights off a couple of times came back to the car in no more than 5-10 mins and the car would not start the battery was near dead.
Odd thing is provided everything is off and have not been a fool and left the headlights on(my new favourite past time!) the car will start after 4 or 5 days without any real problem.
I know the standard battery is notoriously small on the r32 gtr so my question is does it sound like I have a problem battery or is this just normal having left my lights on.
Also has anyone fitted a larger battery in the original under bonnet place, i.e. can one be accommodate, if so what size and volt level was used?
I know you can move the battery to the boot but don't really want to do that.

Sorry for all the questions thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Had a car once and left the lights on for about 10 minutes with the car off for a photo shoot. Went to start it and it was completely dead! Had to call my mates brother up to bring a set of jump leads to get it going again.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks jags so maybe the battery is ok just my stupidity, stuck the CTEK recon/charger on it this evening fantastic charger usually does the job.

Cheers for the reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts