GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 2016 gtr, the battery keeps going flat when left for more than 24 hour. I have had the battery checked and it’s seems To be in good health. I don’t have a aftermarket alarm, can anyone please help

·
Vendor
2,783 Posts
For how cheap the batteries are it's best to put a fresh one on, they've been known to cause various issues.
A battery intended for a micra gets some abuse on a gtr

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Does it have an aftermarket battery brain fitted? Will cut off battery power supply if voltage drops below a certain threshold. Will be visible on the battery connector if there is a box of some sort. Some are manual reset, some use a remote fob. If not, then sounds like either a bad earth or, more likely, a dead battery ( unable to hold charge/load).

·
Ooo Matron !
2,206 Posts
If it's not holding its charge for 24 hours, and given that it's 5 years old, it's most likely Barry Tucked. Time for a new one I'd say.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Have you checked the battery when its not connected to the car? As in leave if for a few days and check with a multimeter. If voltage drops then as Snuffy has described in technical terms it's barry tucked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts