GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My battery wont hold its charge for more than a day. It's deffinately the battery at fault, but when i've come to replace it, i see it's a tiny little thing with small poles.
It's made by "Trust" but doesn't have any other information on it, such as it's ampere hour rating etc....
Can anyone tell me where i can get another battery identical size to this (but one that works), and what ampere hour i should be looking for.
Is this battery common on other makes of car, eg:- Micra ????
cheers,
Duncan.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I used a micra battery from Halfords for a 1995 GTR, just have a look in their booklets (by the batteries) for Jap import micra.

Also when I asked at the desk for a 1998 UK R33 GTR battery they gave me the same part no. as the Jap spec Micra battery.

My previous battery was only holding charge for 3 days max. Was worried the car was in some way draining it while stood. I put the new battery in and left it for a week, started it last night and it was perfect.

Only thing is the Halfords battery was a bit taller than my original and to fit I had to leave out the plastic tray and jiggle the leads about a bit to fit.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used a micra battery from Halfords for a 1995 GTR, just have a look in their booklets (by the batteries) for Jap import micra.

Also when I asked at the desk for a 1998 UK R33 GTR battery they gave me the same part no. as the Jap spec Micra battery.

My previous battery was only holding charge for 3 days max. Was worried the car was in some way draining it while stood. I put the new battery in and left it for a week, started it last night and it was perfect.

Only thing is the Halfords battery was a bit taller than my original and to fit I had to leave out the plastic tray and jiggle the leads about a bit to fit.
Cheers Pal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts