GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow GTR enthusiasts, its been a while. I have had numerous times a flat battery. Then had to get the tracker and remote start reset. I put it down to wear and tear on the battery, so after 3yrs replaced it. However it goes flat again, after only 2weeks not driving, is this common. After going into see Nissan, they advised me to go on this forum, as they would know what the best trickle charger I should invest in. Any advice would be appreciated thanks Kamil (spiceykam).

·
Premium Member
5,797 Posts
Hi fellow GTR enthusiasts, its been a while. After going into see Nissan, they advised me to go on this forum, as they would know what the best trickle charger I should invest in. Any advice would be appreciated thanks Kamil (spiceykam).
After going into see Nissan, they advised me to go on this forum, as they would know what the best trickle charger I should invest in
wowsers!

and walla :smokin::smokin:
Get yourself a CTEK Battery Conditioner I have the MXS5.0 version and no problems, it can sit on it for months :)

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,172 Posts
Hi fellow GTR enthusiasts, its been a while. I have had numerous times a flat battery. Then had to get the tracker and remote start reset. I put it down to wear and tear on the battery, so after 3yrs replaced it. However it goes flat again, after only 2weeks not driving, is this common. After going into see Nissan, they advised me to go on this forum, as they would know what the best trickle charger I should invest in. Any advice would be appreciated thanks Kamil (spiceykam).
Just as a counterpoint. I had a CTek and it died. I'm now using a Maypole (essentially the same thing) and it's as good as the CTek (perhaps better as it still works).

·
Registered
908 Posts
I assume those who are running battery conditioners have their car in the garage? Mine normally dies after 10 days of not being driven, which does sometimes happen. I can't get the GTR in the garage until I have my garage structurally altered to remove a centre pillar at the entrance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Don't buy a battery from Nissan. They only warranty their batteries for 12 months and as we know R35 batteries get eaten. (They should be ok for a Honda Jazz or something). I have bough an Exide Premium with a 5 year warranty through Eurocar Parts for £65. Bizzo.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I assume those who are running battery conditioners have their car in the garage? Mine normally dies after 10 days of not being driven, which does sometimes happen. I can't get the GTR in the garage until I have my garage structurally altered to remove a centre pillar at the entrance.
Not me. I dont have a garage. I soldered 10m of extra length onto my Ctek so I could keep the car charged when not in use.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My other tip - For those who don't run them too often is to leave the bonnet catch unlatched. Saves messing with door keys and windows when the battery is totally flat.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had a ctek xs for several years which did the job for a number of Porsche***8217;s I owned until that died, I replaced it with a ctek Mxs 7 and just before the 5 year warranty was up it also died and was replaced under warranty, if this does die I will be looking for another make

1 - 11 of 11 Posts