Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 8.3%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'v got a bit of a dilema. I love bayside blue, but Iv seem some pics of chrome blue and I think it looks great. Although it is on a 35 that Iv seem it. Iv got a r33 GTR with jun body kit and lmgt1 wheels. Just thought I see what people thought?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Dont get me wrong, that GTR may look pretty cool but in all honesty its trying too hard!

Your car with the Jun kit and the wheels on it definitely would rock bayside blue much better than that chrome blue. Simply because the bayside blue suits the era of the car much better. Its somewhat classy in comparison.

These chrome colours i always feel are a bit of a novelty. Dont get me wrong though they can look good and i dont wish to offend anyone who has one but on an R33 i think that a gloss colour or maybe even a satin finish would be far superior.

It is your car though buddy and thats just my opinion so dont let anyone sway your gut feeling.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I almost flat white painted my 33 but was turned off when I saw the issues with keeping it clean. Mr Clean Magic Erasers are basically a necessity.

Agreed with above. The chrome is cool for a moment, but you're going to live with it for years and the cool of it would wear off, I would think. But it is easy to switch. If you can afford it you can do it as often as you'd like.

Everyone here is Plasti-Dipping their cars. Usually looks like crap and we've seen a few pull the under paint when removed due to improper prep. Some look cool but they have a look to them that is odd.

A local shop here flat clear wrapped their white FRS and it looked terrific. Still the factory white but flat and easy to keep clean.

·
Registered
173 Posts
As above, at the end of the day it is your decision, but with the chromed GTR you run the risk of it looking like a hotwheels car, may go well on a liveried up track car and even help to distract other racers :clap:

I'd keep it classy and go for Bayside blue, otherwise suggested above a clear matte wrap might be good, then if you get sick of trying to keep it clean you can just remove the wrap :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts