GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont really care if this is in the right section or not!

There was a Bayside Blue R34 that attended the Team Subaru Pre TOTB BBQ at my house on Saturday night. They attended without my prior knowledge, but i said it was fine, once the subaru guy who invited them, explained the situation to me.

The chap driving could not get into my drive, due to the angle of the drive and his extremely low spoiler, so parked out on the road, in a small sleepy village not far from Elvington.

I had over 30 people at my house, all of which arrived with subarus, except the above.

So whats the purpose of this post you may ask?

Well quite simply, you are a fecking idiot, with no concern to other people and completely irresponsible.

What did he do?

Well, whilst i was away recovering one of the broken down subarus, this prat decides that upon his departure he is going to attempt a high rev drag style launch, not once, not twice but three times!

All this on a residential road wide enough for 2 cars, but with cars parked all the way down one side, somewhere around 11pm on Saturday night. My wife rang me to tell me of the situation, and how disgusted she was!

Can i just say thank you, you have single handedly ruined the reputation i have in my village for consideration to others. Everyone in the village knows about me and my cars, and the cars that come and go.

Everyone that comes and goes applies self restraint when coming and going, because they know i live there, and anything car related that is noisey, reflects on me!!

I have now received complaints from a few neighbours, and have been advised if it happens again, the police will be called!

Thank you so much, you absolute idiot!

I tried to find you on Sunday, but failed, so explained the problem to the Subaru chap that invited you. He later told me, your excuse was "you were egged on" :rolleyes:

Steven

ps Dont ever try and attend again!

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,037 Posts
Durzel said:
Post his plate up, if you know it. Name and shame imo.
Yep, and...

Do you know if this person uses this forum? Have you posted this on SOC? Presumably, the bloke with the Subaru who invited this person will know who they are.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Please enlighten me, but what is the point of this post on this forum?

1.The damaged reputation caused in your village cannot be undone
2.The driver most probably won't admit it on here
3.Even if he does, another story will come out
4.You seem a pi$$ed of about it and so are not 100% unbiased in your opinion

Not eveyone who owns an R34 GTR belongs to this forum, or is this some kind of Subaru/Skyline/Evo thing that seems to pop up evey so often.

I understand what you are saying 100%, but ask if this is the right place to air such a view in a public place?

Nik

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Thats really bad form :(

The cars are loud enough as it is and with 30 flat fours burbling around even at idle when everyone leaves your neighbours are going to know about it.

:mad:

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
NikWilson said:
I understand what you are saying 100%, but ask if this is the right place to air such a view in a public place?

Nik
Ordinarily I'd say no, but this bloke is clearly given R34/Skyline/Jap car owners a bad name. If he's got no qualms of making a nuisance of himself in public I'm sure he won't mind defending himself either.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
NikWilson said:
Because he's (and rightly so) big time p1ssed off and wishes to vent his anger. Crack on Steven, this boy's obviously a fookin eejit.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NikWilson said:

1.The damaged reputation caused in your village cannot be undone
2.The driver most probably won't admit it on here
3.Even if he does, another story will come out
4.You seem a pi$$ed of about it and so are not 100% unbiased in your opinion

Not eveyone who owns an R34 GTR belongs to this forum, or is this some kind of Subaru/Skyline/Evo thing that seems to pop up evey so often.

Nik
1. Agreed, it cant be undone. An apology wouldnt go a miss. So far he hasnt.
2. He might not, but once i get his number plate from the lads in the village who took pictures of his car, he has no option IMO.
3. I am sure there will, from him, but i am sorry, my wife ringing me telling me to get back and sort it, and then neghbours subsequently complaining, confirms which story i believe.
4. I have my view, and will stand by it, with no biase.

I believe it is the right place, its NOT a Subaru, EVO, Skline thing, its about trying to make the idiot feel as equally embarrassed in front of you guys, as i did in front of my neighbours.

Steven

·
Registered
936 Posts
Cord said:
Because he's (and rightly so) big time p1ssed off and wishes to vent his anger. Crack on Steven, this boy's obviously a fookin eejit.
So lets go on evey maxed out Corsa forum eveytime we see one of them do the usual silly things we all see them do. Post them for the shame they cause - but why and what good does it do?

I can see 100% why Steven is Pi$$ed of at this since it seems to have affected him personally and that is not good. But why should the driver of the R34 defend himself to us on a GTR forum? We have no god given right to judge this. We can pass comment and take a view, but to defend himself - please be serious.

All I would say is that I am sure we are ALL guilty of driving a little fast sometimes and doing the odd 6000 rpm launches on the highway. Let him who has not commited such an act of highway madness come forward and become the judge here --------

Nik

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My wife and I have held these pre big event BBQ's since TOTB2, and never had one complaint, from anyone local.

Within 2 minutes of my house, there are roads where you could test a skyline (or any other car for that matter) to your hearts content, wide, open, long, straight roads.

I am not asking him to defend himself, he has no defence IMO, i am merely asking for an apology.

There is a time and a place for doing what you like with your car. 11pm on a Saturday in a residential area, is NOT the place to drive like a dipstick.

·
Registered
65 Posts
r34 bloke sounds like a complete kant!!

there is a time n place for everything and certainly not in a sleepy village at 11pm.

dread to think if a pet or someone got harmed!!

apology at least!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Das Chin said:
r34 bloke sounds like a complete kant!!

there is a time n place for everything and certainly not in a sleepy village at 11pm.

dread to think if a pet or someone got harmed!!

apology at least!
I 100% agree with all of the above.

My point is that all of us at sometime have acted in a manner not becomming a responsable driver. And none of us here who has undertaken such driving should judge someone who has just done the very same thing.

I agree the loaction, time etc. is bad and say worse than on a quite country road at 5 am with no houses and trafic. You could say what would be the consequences of hitting say a child and the chances at this particular location are greater than say on a motorway.

I just feel that Steven should have appraoched the driver of the GTr directly and tackled this situation on a 1 to 1 basis, even via the 3rd part Scooby driver.

Anyway, I seem to be in the minority here, so I will let all of you who want to be a jury to get on with it - just get the story from the otherside as well.

Nik

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
NikWilson said:
I just feel that Steven should have appraoched the driver of the GTr directly and tackled this situation on a 1 to 1 basis, even via the 3rd part Scooby driver.
Nik
Nik, i fully see your point above, but with reference to your quote, i have already said i tried to find him on Sunday at TOTB, which i didnt have a great deal of time due to competing.

I ultimately caught up with the Scoob driver, who rang him/spoke to him later. His excuse, as said earlier, was he was egged on!

Steven

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Cord said:
It wasn't you was it nik?
Niks got a white R34 hasn't he? I immediately thought it might be him until I remembered ;) (joke Nik! :D)

Seriously though, why shouldn't the bloke have to defend himself? By his actions he's pretty much arsed up Stevens reputation with his neighbours, which could have any number of knock-on effects.

No one is talking about driving fast in situations where it is appropriate to do so, but anyone who arses around on residential roads at 11pm at night doing drag starts is a complete and utter tool, and needs to be taught a thing or two about respect.

Just to qualify my statement - most of us (myself included) have had moments on the road which we've later come to think "that was a bit lame".. I can certainly say on my behalf that I'm not one of these people who thinks its perfectly ok to do donuts in public car parks, race past peoples homes (even if its in the dead of night), etc. I'll do 100+ on the motorway without a second thought, but it's all about the circumstances imo.

I'm slightly aggreviated reading this thread because it sounds as if Steve sorted this BBQ probably at his own expense (and time) and has ended up in a position where the whole event was marred by this incident, by someone who wasn't even formally invited to begin with, and f**ked off without even bothering to apologise there and then.

·
Administrator
31,883 Posts
i'm with you on this Nik, but it would be nice for the 34 owner to maybe fire off a PM and apologise in private. He may not have realsied what he was doing would cause such friction

mook

·
Registered
72 Posts
I do think the R34 driver was very inconsiderate seeing as it's a residential street but the likely hood of him apologising is remote and even more remote on here. Unfortunatly it's just one of those things that gives the rest of us a bad name. Egged on or not he was obviously a bit of a twat in the first place.

Just another chav in a nice car :bawling:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts