GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After pining for a Bayside Blue R34 GTR since I first remember seeing one, I'm finally the happy owner of my own fresh import supplied by JM Imports.

Current modifications (as far as I can tell anyway)
Blitz Nur Spec (Cat back?) Exhaust system
Blitz Induction Kits (SUS ones I suspect)
Ohlins adjustable coilovers all round
Sony headunit
Alarm & Tracker

Here are some photos of my baby:

And I took it on a dyno run today, pulled out fairly impressive BHP for the few mods it's got, but it did manage to look like it was starting to run lean at the top end, and also the torque seems to be way down on even standard quoted figures.. is this just because of it not being mapped yet, or is there something I can do to sort this out?

If you're struggling to read the photo it pulled:
1st run: 347.6bhp @ fly (266 @ wheels), 256.4lb/ft
2nd run: 347.4bhp @ fly (270 @ wheels), 255.8lb/ft

Thoughts welcome anyway people..

Also noticed on the dyno that there was some movement in the rear wheels (almost as if the hicas was trying to kick in a little bit?) Is that normal?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Congrads, lovely car, I love Bayside Blue R34's, had to pick my dream car from an R34 GTR or a Datsun 260Z, went for the Datsun in the end but I still have a craving for an R34 so perhaps I'll be able to get one some day as well.

Enjoy it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
nice machine there mate....bang some clear waxoil all over it and keep it away from frost and road salt....

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all, I'm incredibly happy with it. Has definitely more than lived up to my expectations and dreams. I'll get some more photos up of it soon for you all ;)

Congrads, lovely car, I love Bayside Blue R34's, had to pick my dream car from an R34 GTR or a Datsun 260Z, went for the Datsun in the end but I still have a craving for an R34 so perhaps I'll be able to get one some day as well.

Enjoy it.
Thanks man, I love the 260z's. Always fancied one with an RB30DE swap on ITB's, but they're crazy money and so rare that I'd feel bad doing that engine swap on one.

nice to see you on here John..
Thanks Jurgen :thumbsup:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Plans for the car are (None of these will be started till the end of next year when I've paid it off!):

• 18x9.5 Bronze TE37SL's [+12 offset] (Maybe 10.5 TE37RT's [+11 Offset] if I can get them in bronze..)
  • Lower the front end by about 10mm or so (Just to balance out the rear as that sits perfectly but the front looks slightly too high to me)
  • Aircups on the front suspension with air tank to allow +50mm clearance on the front when needed
  • V-Spec Front Lower Lip
  • Tarzan G-Box
  • HKS EVC-6 (raise boost to 1bar)
  • Apexi Power FC
  • Blitz Front Mounted Intercooler
  • Various Oil Coolers (Gearbox, transfer box, engine etc)
  • Nismo LED Tail Lights
  • LED Lights for sidelights, indicators, side repeators, fogs etc

Only want a reliable 400bhp from the car really, with looks to match as it needs to still be usable as my every day car.

Also I may remove the front fogs, although I suppose having them is quite useful.. does anyone know if they make some that fit in the holes next to the front indicators?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Found this article on an r33 gtr, looks like it had a similar drop in torque from its original dyno run, sounds like it could be heat soak. I did leave mine running for about 10-15 minutes before the dyno run when really I should have just ran it to temp and left it off till the run... Guess that could have done it?

Nissan Skyline GT-R Boost-Up - Blitz Front-Mount Intercooler - Turbo Magazine

·
Registered
127 Posts
Stunning looking back in 2007 I had the money sitting for a bayside blue 01 car and hymned and haaaed for days in the end I chickened out and spent 20k less on a 33! LOL But I will own one before I die that is fact

1 - 20 of 20 Posts