GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've wrecked one of my BBS LM 18x10j Et20 (gold 18" LMs in English) and need to find a replacement :'-(

I've learned from the forums and UK distributors that the forged series of wheels are manufactured in Japan and only stocked through BBS's Pacific Asian network.

I've also learned that it is a 2 piece split rim and because of its Japanese origin I cannot simply replace the dish, again :'-(

I've looked into getting it repaired and opinion is split as to the reliability and in my from what it looks like to me its irreparable as its essentially torn across the dish.

So here are my questions

1. Does anyone have a BBS LM wheel in 18x10 et20 I could buy and replace the centre section?

or

2. Does anyone have a contact in Oz or Japan that speaks English and could facilitate the purchase of one and ship it to the UK?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turns out they can't supply so if anyone else has any answers to the above questions or any ideas or contacts, let me know.

Cheers

·
Registered
26,915 Posts
I can't supply just one wheel

Normally sold in sets

Used sets about 3k used

CT17 has a set off his nur

Maybe worth trying that route

Wheels are in the uk and I think in the right offset

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
You could maybe try Image to see if they can make you something up

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info :) Yeah found them on the tinterweb & emailed them to see if they will deliver to the UK. No reply as yet

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Matty32 do you have a contact with them or able to order through them? Because it looks like im revising my budget to whatever it costs, from what ive found an average price is around £630- £680 before delivery. Can you do anything for that price

·
Registered
26,915 Posts
we can just pick up the phone and speak to them in japanese but ordering 1 wheel will take time as they are often sold in sets

so if you are willing to wait then thats fine.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah tried Image Wheels nice guys, but can't repair a 2 piece BBS such as the forged LM series. My only option seems to be buy new from Japan. Thanks for the suggestion though.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Its still a hard find lol...lesson learned dont spin & wreck forged alloys! I'll have another scout around with that knowledge

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.