GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been dealing with BC Racing for five years now. They have been manufacturing the Apex Performance range of suspension. We have sold thousands of sets of coilovers and theyre performance has been superb. Great products, great price, superb reliability.

BC Racing offer unparalled suport and back up and the most professional service Ive come accross in all of the suppliers that Apex has dealt with over the years.

We are pleased to announce that we have just launched the BC Racing range of products using the manufacturers own brand. Look out for the full page adverts in various magazines including the full outside back cover of Banzai.

Loads of info here:

BC Racing UK - Suspension Systems

We have tried a wide range of coilovers on our competition winning Skyline with various spring rates, dampers etc. We eventually settled on BC Racing 8/6kg.mm which give the car a great range of performance. It works well on track but is still complient enough for more street like circuits such as the Nurburgring.

After finishing third at Santa Pod we put the Skyline on a trailer and drove overnight to the Nurburgring where we met up with the Skyline Owners Club who were out there at the time. Im no race driver and despite only doing 4 hot laps in the whole trip I still managed to put in a sub 8 minute lap in traffic without any real drama. We were flat out in fifth down two of the serious hills, one of which is a lumpy bumpy left hander but the car was as well behaved as you could ask for.

Our car runs a small block Chevy V8 with 480lb/ft of torque and 400lb/ft from way low down but it was never a problem or a drama. The suspension kept the tyres hooked up and wheelspin was kept to an absolute minimum. I just didnt have any issues with getting the power down.

GTST/GTT £579 including vat
GTR £629 including vat

Attachments

·
Registered
589 Posts
They certainly look the part! How much is a set for the Stagea??
Also what is the ride quality like? It would mainly be for looks on mine (with obvious handleing improvements) but i dont want to sacrifice the ride to much (i.e. feel every stone).

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They offer a good compromise bwteen ride and handling, I dont think for a minute that youd be upset with them :) Theyre £579 plus £17.63 carriage (within mainland UK and NI).

·
Registered
589 Posts
Not a bad price! Am i right in thinking the ride quality will also depend on how much i lower it by? What range can you lower them between i.e. If wanted too (dont know why) could the standard Stagea height be maintained?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ride quality is uneffected by right height as height is determined by the bottom mount not the spring platform. This means you retain full damper travel irrespective of what height you run. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts