GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys how's things, well it's finally arrived my fresh nap import r33 hey, collected it yesterday and honestly I'm blown away. Been my dream car forever and I've been looking the last 12 months for a good one. Finally found this beauty but it's blown my expectations clean out of the water.

It's a series 2 qm1 white with 88kms and absolutely zero rust, original spare wheel tool kit and Jack untouched, as far as spec goes there is not much still has standard cat in, standard shocks, and still standard boost. It does have

S3 headlights
S3 front lip
Turbo timer
Blitz nur spec exhaust
New hks pod filters and arms
New rays gram lights 18x9.5 +22
And some form of oil cooler with braided lines and an fittings, looks stock but not sure

Anyway I'm blown away drives so that and good have so many plans for it, first off good service change all oils must look up what's best to use? Then space out the wheels would 20mm spacers be good? And then down the line some hpi elbows hks downpipe and some coilovers, thinking hks hipermax 4?

New to nissans and turbos so any advice much appreciated on servicing upgrades or any 33 for advice in general let me know Thanks, let me know what he think thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
Loving it. Certainly one of my favorite colours on the 33, and those xenons look awesome. Also the wheels I'm considering for mine. Can we swap? lol.

Spacers I'd say personally no more than 15mm, I think that et2 offset may give you a little too much poke and you'd need some pretty heavy camber + arch work to get it to fit nicely depending how low you're going in the future on coils. Could look amazing, but may require lots of work. I'm running et15 and think it needs maybe a 5mm spacer to have it sitting flush with the arches (slight poke out at the bottom with the camber)

HPI elbows would be good, currently having them fitted to mine along with new turbos etc. On the downpipe, consider an equal length pipe. Gives a very unique sound and is typically the sound people chase but normally can't figure out that its the equal length pipe that does it. Could get the Mines or Reimax from RHDJapan, or if you've got deep pockets: the Mines Titanium.

Few clips of what they sound like for you here, here and here.

A simple mod which some may disagree with is removing the original 'boost restrictor pill', google it, I'm sure you'll find more than enough information on it. In a nutshell it'll allow the turbos to run at 1.0bar instead of the standard 0.7bar. I did it on my 33GTR for a few weeks and installed an aftermarket boost gauge to check as some said it'll overboost. As-long as you let the engine warm up to the correct operating temp, mine held perfectly at 1.0 bar no problems every time. If the car wasn't properly up to temp the boost would blip to 1.1bar for a split second. Again, it's entirely up to you if you want to take that risk as the turbos are unfortunately ceramic. Either way, food for thought.

Enjoy it!

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
I would not use spacers certainly not 20mm. They pose too much of a risk. If you must get longer studs and use something like a 10mm spacer.

Use opie for oils and I'd advise on Fuchs or motul range of quality oils.

HKS Hipermax 4 GT are great dampers you will like them.

Great car btw!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the kind comments folks I'm still blown away with how clean the car Is, first thing being ordered is a carcoon anyways to keep dampness out and a buddy has a set of as new tein 35mm springs he's going to give me cheap for the time being,

on the equal legnth downpipe topic I've heard the hks ones although not equal legnth are better value for money? Could be wrong though?

Would running hubcentric spacers with spigot rings really be much of an issue the wheels are far too far in for my liking as Is? May have to sell them!

@alex c I spotted that not sure if it was standard, presume not. The car is covered in Leds haha

The car is 1996 ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's lovely in white. White and midnight purple are my favourite colours. Best of luck with it. What kind of dollars are these being imported for these days ? Just bought a 95 Gtr but it's a project car and needs a lot of work.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure about how to quote the comments on here lads haha I paid 20k euro which I think is a bargain for what I got, jacked up the car the other day just to have a look at the underneath, I think the transfer case has been open with the red sealer? Also there's a red alternator pulley? And then the oil cooler does anyone know what one it is? I think it's nismo? Just some more pics of the strut tops and new hks filters that havent seen too much road i reckon and everything else, thanks for the comments aswell guys ?

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers man! Have my eye in a set of te37s for it at the moment so if anyone interested in the gram lights let me know haha. You thought anymore about keeping yours?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi lads picked up a set of 18x9.5 +12 original bronze te37s for a very good price. My dream wheel in my dream colour on my dream car haha. Not much else happening hopefully ordering a carcoon in the next couple weeks and then get saving for some HKS hypermax coilovers!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts