GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Have some issues with my BCNR33 front subframe. Want to swap it and looking for spare parts. Have a question: what model R33/R34 front subframes will fit? From what I understand engine (RB25 or RB26) does not matter, it's only 2WD Vs. 4WD?

Thanks!

Anton

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Ive a feeling the front subframes on a GTS and a GTR would be differnt mate because of the 4WD? I might be wrong though, whats the problem your having with yours not allot to go wrong with the front one really?
Cheers
bob

·
Premium Member
3,835 Posts
BNR34 front subframe has different type of steering rack mounts.

Not sure if the BCNR33 and BNR32 are the same.

2wd variants are different AFAIK.

·
Registered
183 Posts

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
I didn't read it that way (what I read said BNR34 was different).

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Fair play :D Should be pretty easy to get an R33 subframe though; come up for breaking regularly (in the UK, anyway!).

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Keeping in mind I'm the Ukraine and we have ONE R33 GT-R (and guess who's the owner?) registered in the whole country I think I don't have much of the choice :)

Seriously, body shop people had measured diagonales and technical hole - to - hole dimensions and my one seems to be nearly non-bent... It's only one "ear" (I don't know exact name of the place where tension rod is linked to the subframe) problematic. Can I go for adjustable tension rods instead of my non-adjustuble NISMO ones I would it better to replace whole frame for a 100% straight one and keep everything non-adjustable (like it came from the factory)?

Reason why I started to play with it is quite simple: left side of the car is OK but I cannot set factory default 3,55" castor on the right side (it's ~2.8" or so). As a result cars moves a bit right and whole wheel is maybe 6 mm upper then left one.

Fair play :D Should be pretty easy to get an R33 subframe though; come up for breaking regularly (in the UK, anyway!).

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
I'm no expert on suspension geometry, but if it were me I'd find a second hand subframe. Shipping from the UK to Ukraine may cost a bit though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A bit more then a whole actual subframe :)) For now I went adjustable tension rods way and trying to order new subframe...

I'm no expert on suspension geometry, but if it were me I'd find a second hand subframe. Shipping from the UK to Ukraine may cost a bit though.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This one used will come here for around ~$1,500. Pretty close to the new one (if I'll manage to find any in Emirates). The biggest question is: do I really need a replacement? :)

Is this any good to you? they shipto Europe, sems a bit pricey though, im sure you could offer quite allot les than the asking price!

SKYLINE GTR R33 Front Subframe Sub Frame Cradle Cross on eBay (end time 09-Dec-09 18:59:50 GMT)

Why dont you see if DaveW has a good second hand one at theGTRshop?
Cheers
;)
bob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts