GTR Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
yes thinking on the Link, the neo has variable cam timing which this can control I'm told. I have a Stagea loom but it's a little beaten about. You can buy premade looms in the US and I travel there every other month. There is some fancy rev-matching downchange the 370 gearbox can do, not sure I need it, you can link the link to that.
Big question who to install the Link and map it? Abbey?
You need a drive by wire throttle to have automatic rev matching.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, bit late to this discussion and not been on here for yonks. May I suggest you consider a Haltech ECU? I have an R34 GTR VSpecII, with an HKS VCam. My mechanic says the Haltech was very straightforward to set up so that it runs the VCam, plus flexfuel for E85, plus other features. The Haltech has a load of safety features that match factory and go beyond, plus you get flat change, launch assistance (can't remember the details on that one) and other features in their latest ECUs. This would also give you access to their race dash series, if you wish, which have a huge range of features. Haltech may also be able to assist you with a loom.
Sorry if I sound like an advert, but I have had excellent experience with them and all the reviews that I have read have placed them at the top of the field.
Car looks good and I am sure will look awesome when complete. I had a 260Z 2 seater 35 years ago, which unfortunately fell to bits with rust on the UK roads. I loved it and nearly bought another one recently.
One other comment - I happen to have a 370Z as a daily drive and I have not turned the rev matching on. Reason is that I have always heel and toed. If you don't know how to heel and toe, or are not practiced at it, it will only take a few weeks of driving for it to become second nature. Then all you have to concentrate on is your braking points! :cool:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi, bit late to this discussion and not been on here for yonks. May I suggest you consider a Haltech ECU? I have an R34 GTR VSpecII, with an HKS VCam. My mechanic says the Haltech was very straightforward to set up so that it runs the VCam, plus flexfuel for E85, plus other features. The Haltech has a load of safety features that match factory and go beyond, plus you get flat change, launch assistance (can't remember the details on that one) and other features in their latest ECUs. This would also give you access to their race dash series, if you wish, which have a huge range of features. Haltech may also be able to assist you with a loom.
Sorry if I sound like an advert, but I have had excellent experience with them and all the reviews that I have read have placed them at the top of the field.
Car looks good and I am sure will look awesome when complete. I had a 260Z 2 seater 35 years ago, which unfortunately fell to bits with rust on the UK roads. I loved it and nearly bought another one recently.
One other comment - I happen to have a 370Z as a daily drive and I have not turned the rev matching on. Reason is that I have always heel and toed. If you don't know how to heel and toe, or are not practiced at it, it will only take a few weeks of driving for it to become second nature. Then all you have to concentrate on is your braking points! :cool:
Is this a Haltech Elite? Thinking about getting one for exactly those two features, VCam + flex fuel.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is this a Haltech Elite? Thinking about getting one for exactly those two features, VCam + flex fuel.
Mine is actually a Pro Sport 2000, because it was installed in 2012, long before the Elite came out. The Elite goes even further and is easier to set up, apparently. It is virtually plug and play.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts