GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

hi all,

I'm currently building my rb26 ..using CP pistons, eagle rods and a nismo n1 oil pump for the bottom end ...

I have also decided to go with the nismo con rod bearing and mains !

adding my block's numbers and cranks for the MAIN .. I need a mix of grade std 2 and grade std 3 ... I have bought nismo grade std 0

std 0 is 1.818-1.812 "got"

std 2 is 1.824-1.827 "according to the table"
std 3 is 1.827-1.830 "according to the table"

My question is, is it possible to use std 0 as I already have them instead of std2/std3 ...or will the difference really make a difference reliablity wise and all ?

2ndly, for the con rods, because they're eagles I'll have to wait till they arrive and measure the clearance with plastigauge as obviously they're aftermarkets and can't use the nissan's grading anymore ...

help plz :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
when i did mine earlier this year and added the numbers together when i asked rb motorsport for bearings they said to use grades one size bigger which i did and when i plastigauged them they were all spot on.the only real way to know for definate is to bolt them all up with plastigauge and see what your clearances are but i would imagine the grade 0 would be no good.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

The thing is they don't sell stock bearings even here ... So what i'll do is use my old current one and use the plastigauge ...and then order my nismos from japan

the parts will take time to arrive that's why I wanted to order them inadvance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.