GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sun was shinning again at Bedford and there was a brilliant turnout of Skylines.
Again the venue was excellent and a big thankyou must go to the Subaru Club for not shutting the doors to other makes.

This track is the business,it has the lot and if you get the chance to drive here you will not be disappointed.

Henry.:smokin:

·
Registered
758 Posts
Beautiful Bedford

Yes a great day. Many thanks to Bruce for a passenger ride in his R34. A great drive with some sideways action.
The sun was indeed shinning (sic) and Shin was shining as usual :D

Vincenzo

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
today

Yes, same here, came away completely forfilled even though only ran the track once in robs evo and spent the rest of the day talking bollocks as per usual.

Good to see everyone again, Paul, Gary, Shin and 2 lovely ladies ( dirty git ), Henry, Ged, Cem, Glen, Guy and anyone else whom had the pleasure of my company.

See you all on the 8th for Banzai, bring your big goolies for another competitive day, just hope it will be as good as today.

Dirk:)

·
Registered
264 Posts
yep !

Good to see all the usual suspects again, Cem, Shin, Bruce and others..

I must be the only one who wished it was raining !

Two tanks of fuel and half a set of tyres today :eek:

(I was in the Bayside R34 reg MX51 ...)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Lovely day

Hi,

Good to see all the trackers.
I had good fun today.
Thank you everyone for chatting with me again.
I hope I can meet you all very soon.
Thank you Gary for finding out simple error of our car.:)

Yours,
Shin

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Good Day

Fantastic day,
looking forward to others, nice to see you all, thanks to the scooby club, now they really go for it:)
Gary
GT-ART

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Wicked

It was a fantastic day yet again ,with many of us having some good fun on the track, especially MR. Geezajob who was showing us some awesome power slides at every bloody corner and various speeds.Well done mate ,but as I've said to you before get yourself some slicks . ;) What tyres did you put on this time ?

I was also impressed by Cem's power slides (witnessed while behind him in my car) and this was me thinking he was a slow driver ........

Glen also paid us a visit but as usual was not running...Just sitting there looking good (the car not HIM :p ). Shin's driving and that AWESOME MINES car of his once again was performing well.

Dirk Diggler was in attendance with that slow Bayside Blue (VERY SLOW,but most of you guys already know this :D) car of his again .I nearly beat him in a STANDARD SILVER R33 . LOL

Vincenzo were you the chappie in the Purple 33 ? (Sorry for not rembering you but my memory for names/faces is not one of the best !:(

Jim was there also with his very nice R34 and was driving very well and fast especially for his first ever track day .

Big thanks to Cem for inviting us and to the Scooby Club for letting us join them ! Hope none of us embaressed you mate !What a turn out from them and they even had their own support van with tyres and spares . When will one of our tuners do the same one day?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Wicked

Yes Paul that was me..

No worries, I'm not surprised you don't remember me.. you'd only just got your 34 and was so excited, chatting 10 to the dozen to anyone who'd listen. Good to see you again.

Vincenzo

·
Registered
50 Posts
Great day. great venue. Many thx to Bruce for the ride in his R34.

Shin - You were right the steward was wrong the Palmer/Audi should not have been allowed back on the track.

Kevin

·
Registered
264 Posts
Re: Wicked

Paul.GTR34 said:
especially MR. Geezajob who was showing us some awesome power slides at every bloody corner and various speeds.Well done mate ,but as I've said to you before get yourself some slicks . ;) What tyres did you put on this time ?
Slicks ? But then it wouldn't slide ! :D

About 4pm I had a spanking new set of P-Zeros delivered to the track.. the tyre guys told me that they'd be very slippery from new.. EXCELLENT I thought ! :)

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I think i'll have to come along to one of the trackdays at some point, just to see you guys in action.

Not put my GTI-R on a track in all the time i've owned it....not sure i want to either.

Sounds like you all had a good'n again...

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Tracking it

It's gotta be done Daz, at least once .
I think it'll be good for everyone to track their cars at least once for it will help one to learn to control (or at least ) what to expect in an emergency monuevre (over cooked :D ) in relatively safe conditions .There are also instructors normally available to help/teach one.

As Mr. Nike says 'JUST DO IT '.;) You will love it garanteed.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Tracks

I dont think my car would last that long if I took at it a track! At the very least it would be new breaks, and probably also tyres, and im not sure how well all the other stuff would stand up either!

Think Ill give it a miss for now.

Lee

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Track Days

Lee .
At the track you can drive as slow or as hard as you/your car can handle !
As to your brakes/tyres they should ALWAYS be in good condition mate for they a)keep our ar***s on the road b)stop us when needed ! :)
Track it one day for you will love it !:D

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Brakes and Tyres

My breaks and tryes are fine at the mo - 4 new goodyears all round, and breaks - well they are standard GTi-R. They will probably only stop the car once. Its just the way they are.

I do keep it all in good working order, id just be concerned about the condition it came off the track in.

Pranging it is also a concern. Im not so worried about myself, but accidents happen and you cant always rely on all the other users.

I think Ill keep away for a while. Santa Pod is about as brave as I can get.

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Support

Paul, I turned up didn't I :D . Oh mechanical support not moral.

Mark from Abbey couldn't make it yesterday, with his van and tools, as he was working due to customers waiting for their cars but Gary was their and Ike from Tuning Japanese so you were well covered :smokin: .

Enough Bayside Blues or what. Wherever I looked BB was their, even on the Scoobys, superb.

Good to meet up with the lads(and lasses) again.

Must say we are definetly getting more stickered up cars now (apart from Dirk who can't make his mind up.) Perhaps I should get some more on me car and I might go faster, well look I'm going faster anyways :rolleyes: .

See Ya.

glen

ps. On the previous Bedford Trackday did ANYONE overtake those 2 FASSSSST road going Porsches.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
bedford blues

Glen, getting stickers eh?, let me guess, a gold plated set that just arrived from the moon that no one else has got yet, carved my aliens using moon rock for better finish, The sticker thing has already been done, not trend setting if you get the same, can you handle being de-moted to a follower instead of setter?;) , As I said before, getting a bit bored with that turbo on your car, you need a new hook, the wing mirrors kept us happy for a week but thats all.:smokin:

Paul, Full of shite, where does it all come from?, just keeps churning it out, have been giggling whilst reading thru this thread, the best bit ' helps you get learn what you can do in order to handle to car properly' or the words to that effect!, as for slow car, the beast will once again be unleashed and this time I will be taking no prisoners, I just need to keep it off the road for another couple of weeks, the longest of my life and then your misery will begin.......

Wouldnt mind if he could blame Bedford 22/3/02 on his power!

Dirkel Digglest:smokin:

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
trackside assistance

Glen, you forgot to mention me!, I was there with my Halfords adjustable spanner and crimping tool just in case anyone needed any spade connectors putting on or imperial nuts undone:D

Dirk

1 - 20 of 37 Posts