GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear all,

The BMW Car Club has a track day arranged for Friday 22nd March 2002 at the Bedford Autodrome on the full Gran Turismo circuit. The cost is £100 to members of the BMW Car Club to which you must belong to participate. If you don't happen to be a member :rolleyes: anybody can join at £35 pa. So even at £135 it's still a great price for a day out at one of, if not the finest track day venues in this country.

I spoke with the club earlier and whilst they still have lots of places at the moment, it has only just been publicised in their club mag and they expect demand to be keen.

If you're interested, have a look at http://www.bmwcarclubgb.co.uk where the membership details can be found although this track day is so hot, it's not up on their site yet...

If you are interested, could you post below so we can get a feel for how many are going. I'm already booked in... :)

Peter.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
do you know what track layout they are going to use ??

I am going to join the BM owners club :D

do you think they'll limit the amount of skyline allowed ?

cheers
Steve

·
Registered
327 Posts
Have you got Me and Xanthe down for that and If Phil has got his car by then I am sure he will be there

I am thinking of getting the Mazda or the Golf out

May be the golf would be better with the other german cars there, you Skyline Boys would not like if a Upstart turbo Mazda put in some fast lap times (Best leve the Mazda at home then :D)

So Peter I think that will be two Cars for me and One driver in Each, I will have to get saving as I pay for the Motor sports in My house.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Bruce,

Pleased you're interested. :) You'll have to book it direct with them. Is Jamie back online later today? If he's not, could you mention this one to him as I know he'll want to be there.

Cheers.

Peter.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not wishing to be controversial here, but who thinks they can drive a Skyline anywhere near it's full potential? Who's got a 4/5/600+ bhp car and but hasn't got a clue how to drive it? This is THE circuit to learn on. Safer than Kemble and perfect for the Skyline. Sure it's cool to drag a Skyline but anyone can do that, successfully or not. If you want to know and learn how to drive properly, this is THE circuit.

It's your chance to show a few dozen BMW drivers how the Skyline performs and put a few noses out of joint?

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm interested too - book me in !!

Peter,

Do I have to join the BMW Club now or are you organising that bit as well ?

Cheers

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Stu & Jez,

You'll have to do it yourselves. Go to the BMW Club site (as the link above) and give them a call.

I noticed this event and thought that a few of you might be interested. I am not involved in anyway in organising it or 'our' involvement. Having done Bedford twice now, it's just the best place for Skylines and as this event is on the full Gran Tursimo circuit, it can't get any better than this, IMHO anyway. Safe, fast, great surface, great facilities, good marshalling, etc. etc.

There are likely to be a fair few cars there as it costs in excess of £10k to hire Bedford. However, the GT circuit is so long that the maximum they allow on to the circuit at a time is 50 cars. Even with that number on, it doesn't feel overly crowded and the marshalls are particularly quick with the blue flag.

With you two, we'll be up to six or seven from here that I know of.

See you there, if not before.

Peter.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BTW, my comment about putting a few noses out of joint was tongue in cheek and not intended to cause offence. :)

·
Registered
627 Posts
First Track Day

I am keen on attending the Bedford thing, it would be good to see a few more Skylines in attendance.

I used to have a Beemer before I chopped it in for the Skyline so this day will be quite satisfying to attend.

Where can I get info on track day insurance?

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Tried attaching insurance details but it won't allow me to as it has already been used in the first track day thread and that's toooo long to look through to find it. Tried changing the file name but it still spotted it. Mail me and I'll mail it back off forum.

Peter.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
As far as I know, the following are interested and may/will be coming along:

Will be:

Andy.
Brian J (NS)
JamieM
SteveC
SteveR
Me

May be (?):

Bruce.
Jez.
Shin.
Stu.
Suhail.

Any more for any more?

Phil, John, Ian, Weston, Dave C, Alan, Glen, Ged, Guy, Henry, Nick (assuming you've got a car by then), Scott, Dan, Rob, Shin, Talat, Cem, Joss, anybody else (I keep thinking of more people so sorry if I've missed you off the 'wanted list' :) ?

Has anybody booked who I haven't listed above as a 'will be'?

Peter.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Bedford

Peter E

I just joined the BMW club so I am definately up for going, I just need to sort out trackday insurance. This is on a Monday, is that right? Also I looked for the thread you were talking about under insurance but I could not find it any chance of pointingme in the right direction?

Thanks
Andy

:)

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Elliot,

It's just North of Bedford. Palmersport's web site: http://www.bedford-autodrome.com/

Andy,

Yes, it's a Monday. Hopefully the email will help although I'm sure there are others.

Shin,

That would be great if you decide to come along. Let me know if you need any info.

Cem,

Don't forget it's another 2 1/2 months yet..... Was the last 'thrashing' at Bedford back in November or have you done some more days since then? Perhaps you should re-think the 6k miles service interval especially for oil...? :)

Peter.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Track Day!

Hi Peter,

I am still putting together my attendance list for 2002 and although i would like to attend i may have other priorities at that time, but i will let you know...

Best Regards

Stu;)

1 - 20 of 117 Posts