GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that a few more of you have experienced the delights of the wonderful circuit at the Bedford Autodrome at the recent SIDC and BMW Car Club days there, does anybody fancy another visit there with a touch of added interest?

PalmerSport periodically run HowFast.com days at Bedford when you will be timed on the Gran Turismo circuit and the results posted on their web site at (wait for it) www.howfast.com. I'm keen to go having clocked a 2' 45" at the BMW Car Club day but there are much quicker cars than mine here.

An added bonus will be the opportunity to watch the Master (Tiff) in action too. :)

The following is taken form their forum:

The next HowFast.com event will take place at Bedford Autodrome on 29th April 2002.

This event will, once again, be sponsored by Autocar and special guest Tiff Needell will be around trying to create a benchmark lap for you to beat.

Further details can be sought from [email protected].

I have mailed Liz for more info and I will post it when it arrives but I think that the cost is £35 per slot which includes a warm up lap, one (I think) timed lap and a cooling down lap. I guess it isn't the best value in the world but it's sure to be an interesting day.

Peter.

PS. Could this finally conclude the Bayside Blue v Silver debate? ;)

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
gang up

if the boy can keep the car on the track for 5 minutes then I suppose we should have a go.

You got to get out thier as well Glen, 'Mr heres the bullets, you fire the gun'

Saddo:p

Dirkest

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So is that it then, just me and the Diggly one.....? :(

Poor show chaps, where's that GT-R spirit, where are all the big power boys, where are all the racers amongst you?

Where's Paul, surely he can't chicken out of this....?

Where's Gary, Guy, Rupert, Ms Daisy, Ronnie, RGS, Jamie, Shin, Henry, SteveR, Geezajob, DaveC, IaN1, Cem, etc.......

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Big power?

Ow yes thats me I suppose now, cheers Peter its going to take a bit of getting used to, name in lights up with the 500+ gang!

Week days aren't good for me, make no money get paid no money is the name of my game I'm afraid so if its happening I have to be sitting here really, unless I have had a super sonic month and raped my clients of brokerage and if thats the case I will be a late entry.

....Ian.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No power yet.....

No, I wasn't referring to you Ian as you're an unknown quantity until you've got some proof anyway!! ;)

Is Gary putting her on the dyno before you get her back?

I guess a Monday isn't the best day of the week for this event although easier for me than a weekend, no family demands and work always comes second to anything Skyline related anyway....

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On the next dyno day but I've never made any claims to be over 500 or at any particular power level as it would be guess. :)

·
Registered
997 Posts
:D As if I would miss out Peter.

So it`s me,you & the Dirk Man.

Henry.:smokin:

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Spelling

Alright, alright. So the school I went to never made me wear Cravats and shorts like you lucky people :rolleyes: .

glen

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glen,

You had clothes....? ;)

Anyway, just had the full info about the HowFast.com day and it's a different arrangement this time. It's a full track day:

Dear Peter

Monday 29th April – Most of you will have heard of HowFast, the event launched by PalmerSport and Autocar in 2001. It is a fantastic opportunity for you to set a lap time around our exclusive 3.6mile Gran Tourismo Circuit at Bedford Autodrome.

The day will include a practice Open Pit Lane session in the morning before recording your lap times in the afternoon. Not only will it be a fabulous event but special guest Tiff Needell will be attending to set a time. If you think your faster, now’s your chance to prove it! The cost is £195 including Open Pit Lane practice, your HowFast time, entry on our website (www.howfast.com) and a HowFast cap.

Kind regards

Liz

It's got to worth it just to meet Tiff and get a cap!

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dave,

Cool!

Anybody else fancy some proper driving then? ;) Tiff Needell, free baseball cap, 140+ mph.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts