Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I've just got home and had dinner.
I really enjoyed today.
I hope passengers also enjoyed the track.:D
And sorry for making you scared, Glen.:p
I have to modify my car setting for the track for the next trackday.
I'll be there again on next Saturday.
See you.

Yours,
Shin

·
Registered
805 Posts
Bedford

Great day....much enjoyed, thanks to PeterE for the lift at the 11th hour....and the 10/10th session in close pursuit of Shin, I doubt we would have overhauled you Shin but for your small 'moment', great car you have there and well handled

Also thanks to SteveR, much amused by the 4 wheel drifts on those slicks, 'just keep dialing in more lock' :), love it, great session....but them brakes :(

Guy 'Rent a Focus'......just outragous !!!

Tom (R34 GTt)....1st prize for number of spins :), 4 or 5 was it ?

Cheers

RonS

·
Registered
666 Posts
Top Day and top people .
Most of the usual suspects present and accounted for.
Nice to see Shin's car as usual looking immaculate.
I must try to blag a ride with Shin one of these days.

Top marks to Guy what a drive.

Pity Guy was not there to see the Beemer all over the place down past the pits finally losing it near the pit exit.

I wonder if the kill joy marshals had a word with him?

We should all say thanks to Peter E for spotting this one and bringing it to our attention.

Hope to see you all again soon.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Bedford

This is a brilliant venue,all the usual faces turned up and I totally enjoyed myself.Days don`t come much better than this.

Cheers,
Henry.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Snap Henry and ..........

Henry.

Came back from going out, and you were gone. Thanks for leaving the goodbye though. Hope everythings OK. Yeah was good to catch up :) .

Shin you never scared me mate.

I felt quite comfortable all the time we was going around and was happy to experience another drivers technique. The loss of traction was due to you pushing the car on a corner that was simply in between gears. 2nd was too high and 3rd was too low. Therefore you tried entry at different angles/speeds, over a few laps, to try and be able to keep in 3rd gear for the punch out. On that lap the car lost traction and I was at no stage concerned. I could see what you were doing and was quite happy to watch and learn.

You only make mistakes when you don't know what you are doing. You never made a mistake you simply found the limitaions. Good man.

Your car seems to have a lovely balance about it and revs ever so freely. I take it this response is helped by the carbon prop and alightened f-wheel? Nosey bugger aren't I :D .

I have been ever so lucky to have been out in a wide variety of Skylines and was also yesterday privileged to have gone out in a Mines car. Oh and musn't forget the 400R. Thanks for bringing it Shin and lastly again for taking me out in your car. I enjoyed every minute and hope you will venture out with me one day in mine.

Bye for now.

glen

·
Registered
805 Posts
Bedford pics & vids

Durzel,

> Anyone get any videos?

Yep :) ...hurried some stuff together to night, I'll upload to you as soon as and post a link here...

RonS

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Hi,

On a slightly off topic note, I've had to set up restricted access privileges on the GTR resource space I created for everyone a few weeks back - having it as anonymous upload privileges unfortunately has meant that every day, without fail, someone has gone in and uploaded copyrighted software to it. The fact they can't redownload this from the server doesn't seem to bother them, I've gone into the server pretty much every day and had to delete lots and lots of illegal software.

So, with immediate effect, the new access details are:

FTP: gtr.durzel.com
User: gtrcouk
Pass: bnr34nis

There are no restrictions on this space so it should be easier manipulate files properly.

RonS - Can you use these details to upload the vids, etc for Bedford. Thanks.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Bedford

still my computer's b***ered, hence the delay!!!
Wow, what a good day!!!!
Someone mentioned something about you couldn't have more fun with your clothes on.....dead right.......What would driving the GT circuit naked be like then!!!!!
I Totally trashed my front tyres into slicks......and they gripped like a limpit that had been eating superglue.
Interesting moment at the chicane when a blue Z3 "breadvan" decided to breakdance infront of me........I saw it coming and backed off when I realised that he was still breaking and turning at the same time.......I found out later that he was the president of the BMW club hehe!!!
It was great to see everyone, and especially the 400R
I think my driving is improving too!!!
Regards
wroestar:D

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
bedford

just to say nice to see everyone again, sorry couldnt run my car though, looking and sounded really good.

Thanks to Gary for trying to tempt me with Henrys ticket after he left, I must admit I had itchy feet for the track but as it turns out I actually have some common sense and declined as the 34 needs some mechanical tlc.
Paul, shite happens:)
Little disappointed that Mark left 40 mins after us in his white van and caught up on the M25 - outrageous! recon hes being less than truthful about whats under the bonnet of his twingo or whatever it is.:D
Henry, will look for those parts tomorrow, If I dont pm you by tuesday I have forgot so remind me.
Glen - A pleasure as always.

Wont be there next week though, will be at brands, see you all soon.

Dirk;)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Gutted

Sounds like you all had a great time:) . Gutted I couldn't make it, but as you say Dirk....Shit happens.

Maybe, next time:D

·
Registered
865 Posts
Whos is the red wine coloured R33? Sorry to ask but is it a GTR or GTS as i couldn't really see from the pics?

If so looks very much like mine!:D

·
Registered
805 Posts
Bedford

Stu,

> Maybe, next time

There's another next Saturday, I'll charge up me camera :D

Rich,

> If so looks very much like mine!

Time for an eye test me thinks (he he)...you had this one off my site eh ?

RonS

·
Registered
865 Posts
Nah Ron that is my own motor mate, so is that dark red skyline yours then mate?

Where in w.sussex are you mate as i will be down there v.soon visiting ppl in Bognor and Chichester.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Bedfordish

Rich,

> so is that dark red skyline yours then mate?

Yeah I wish :).... 3 'Red' Skylines on track that day all GTR's, only the owners can spot their cars at a distance (or maybe not), I was well confused when videoing one of them, I'd film it heading out on a new lap and pick it up on it's return only to find they had swapped places :)

> Where in w.sussex are you mate as i will be down there
> v.soon visiting ppl in Bognor and Chichester.

I live between Brighton and Worthing just a minute off the A27, I'll PM me phone numbers to you.... I work at home mainly, so you'd more than welcome to come round for a tea, natter and maybe I'll buy you a sticky bun from the staff canteen :)

RonS

1 - 20 of 22 Posts