GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Great cet of pictures Ron (as usual), looks like it was a good one :)

Love that pic of Pauls car gobbing a huge flame - if only i could get my GTI-R to do the same :confused:

My car is at the Bodyshop at the moment, having the sunroof surround sorted once and for all (the fibreglass has trapped moisture and the paint keep flaking off - so the sunroof is coming right out to be done this time).

Seeya
Daz

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Ah, yeah should'a worked that one out, Paul has a rather tall rear wing doesn't he.....

Not that i could, but, remind me never to drive too close behind him - i don't want to have my front bumper resprayed to get rid of the flame marks :D

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
nice

Great pics again ron,
get this Jamies quote of the day,
that 360 was done intentially of course ! mad or what:D
Gary
GT-ART

·
Banned
349 Posts
Great photography Ron! Thank you.

I always save the best stuff for last (or after a black flag won't matter).

Bedford is good because they don't mind spins that much, or at least they are not as fussy as Brands or Silverstone.

The 360 is possible if you carry alot of speed (in this case 90 MPH into a 80 mph bend) deliberatly unsettle the balance, get the car into a bail out full throttle, full opposite lock powerslide:D then just before you overcook it lift off violently (hence flames) and spin the car in the opposite direction, once travelling backwards spin the wheel again and simotainiously stab the brake, then straiten up quick as you face the right way again, into second and your off!!

I'm shy and timid really!

Jamie.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Jamie

Excellent demo, made my evening seeing you do a full 360 and keeping it all together.

Keep it coming!!

Regards

·
Registered
130 Posts
Jamie

Excellent demo, made my evening seeing you do a full 360 and keeping it all together.

Keep it coming!!

Regards

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Yes

The Start of a good weekend.

Had fun, shame about the noise restrictions, got black flagged twice for it, me and Rupert are gonna start our own ' Black Flag' club, so we can turn up at events and pi55ed off from not being allowed to run properly or at full chat. gits.:(

Apparently according to Bruce, they also didnt take kindly to me entering the pit lane sideways in a slide off the last right hander, some people are so touchy:D Still, who cares.

Great to see the ' hardcore' Skyliners again, I came away without incident, Rob won the raffle and got himself £600 of tyre credit from the BMW club, which is nice:D Henry said that his ticket was drawn for the tyre prize but unfortunately, he had slipped off the tuck himself in at 9.30 and therefore missed out, nevermind:p

See you again soon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts