GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the settings for these?
Of the 3 loop wires which ones should be cut?

Also what should the gains be set at? id like the "launch" control to sit with the revs about 4k so the turbo is just spooling. And the rev limit to be about 7k.

As it is, its sitting with the "launch" about 3k and limit about 6k. Not letting me get all the power out! :(

If it makes a difference im running a T78 and some other stuff.... ;)

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,872 Posts
The three loops, cut only the white IF you are using the handbrake white wire. The other 2 are for 4cylinder and rotary engines.

Setting, 9 for gain

I can't remember the other ones. Hit the search on here and SOC and you'll find some setting. I know cos I've just installed one.

·
Registered
450 Posts
You dont cut ANY looped wires if fitting to 6 cyl engine.

My settings are -

Rev 1 - 9 (7k)
Rev 2 - 5 (5k for launch)
Gain - 8 (good for loud bangs and flames, but when dragging I put it down to 2, so its just a mild cut, so you dont loose too much time if you clip the limiter going thru the gears.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have the white one cut, incase i am going to launch with the handbrake.

Milko, im guessing for what i require my settings wouldnt be too much different from yours? Maybe with rev2 a little lower?

cheers for the help guys. :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
I use the handbrake launch and havnt cut any looped wires, the white wire in the harnees coming out the bee-r unit, is what you wire to your handbrake.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,872 Posts
Yes, the white wire in the harness is the one you wire to the handbrake. Basically you need to ground it so you could just wiring into a button switch on the steering wheel or somewhere..

You need to cut the white loop wire too(according to the instruction)

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ive got the white one cut, so i'll need to try the revs and gains aver the weekend when i find somewhere quite that i wont wake the dead! :D

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
No need to cut the white wire (as stated you dont cut any on 6cyl).

I set them as F on first dial so that the ecu limiter still works as it is set.

Rob

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
There is an extra white wire that must be cut at the unit if the handbrake switch is to be operational.

The other wires are for

6-4 cylinder
Scooby
RX7

Alledgedly :D

Come on Brooksie, you sell enough of these things get some decent translation and wiring diagrams done for the boys :D

·
Registered
450 Posts
Crail Loser said:
There is an extra white wire that must be cut at the unit if the handbrake switch is to be operational.

The other wires are for

6-4 cylinder
Scooby
RX7

Alledgedly :D

Come on Brooksie, you sell enough of these things get some decent translation and wiring diagrams done for the boys :D
There isnt m8, I've cut no looped wires or any other wires elsewhere, and wired the white wire in the harness to my handbrake light and everything works fine. :confused:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Spooky ... it deffinatly shows you in the glossy instructions cutting the white wire loop if its fitted to the H/Brake.

I had one in my car about 4 years ago and it only has two looped wires coming from the rear of the unit .... one was for 6-4cylinder and the other for h/brake fitting :(

Dont get me wrong we are just going by the pics as there is no UK instruction supplied with the unit :mad:

What is spooky is that this one also works fine with the wire cut :D

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Fitted 5-6 of these to skylines now, i'd like to think that i aint that lucky for the handbrake limiter to work without cutting every time :D.

Rob

1 - 18 of 18 Posts