GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Bee-R rev limiter from my Skyline to sell.

This is not for sale until the weekend, when it's being removed. But I wanted to give a heads up on it.

It works and hasn't had any use as I don't like the things.

It's in great condition and works, hated having to test it but it does go pop and bang and all that crap.

£100 posted O.N.O or collection would be preferred.

I don't think that it warrants putting an image up, just youtube it or google image it, its a bloody black box of noise at the end of the day

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Not suprised you sold it so quick, your write-up was so beautiful :chuckle:

hated having to test it but it does go pop and bang and all that crap.

....its a bloody black box of noise at the end of the day

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahaha

Not suprised you sold it so quick, your write-up was so beautiful :chuckle:
I have a way with words. But seriously why would anyone want one of these things? Don't they realise that banging flames is bad for the car. "Yeah but I love how drift cars sound." You might like the sound but not the repair bills as they rebuild their cars all bloody day long :)

Youtubing rev limiter just brings up dirty R33's in car parks :) oooo nasty, meow!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well, the main purpose is not to shoot flames etc., but to keep the turbo spinning, what makes the car more responsive on exits of corners.
Thats why most of the WRC cars use such a system. (but normally they have a more professional one)

But I think the majority who use this limiter, use it because of the flames, hence the videos of cars shooting flames in car parks. ;)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Well, the main purpose is not to shoot flames etc., but to keep the turbo spinning, what makes the car more responsive on exits of corners.
Thats why most of the WRC cars use such a system. (but normally they have a more professional one)

But I think the majority who use this limiter, use it because of the flames, hence the videos of cars shooting flames in car parks. ;)
I keeps the fuel going in, not the turbo spinning. So that when ignition cuts back it, noise and flames occur ;)

I'd rather not damage my newly rebuilt engine in this manner, hence the sale :)

But yeah on Rally cars and Drift cars these are vital!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes, it keeps fueling and this means that the unburned fuel combusts in the manifold, keeping the turbo spinning. ;)

But thats not the most efficient way to do that. In rally cars they have a more complex system. (anti lag)

And sorry for posting OT. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts