GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chaps.. My new car has a Bee R rev limiter fitted.. can someone please explain how the 3 knobs work and exactly what they do.. and if any messing with it can cause damage to the engine? basiaclly it has:

Rev1 which is fairly self explanitory ( Iguess it is the ev limiter)

Rev2... ?? what's this??

Gain..?? what's this?

Cheers

Lee

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
rev1 is your max limit. set that at your redline.
rev2 is a secondary limit that engages only when you've got the handbrake on.

I have a Power FC and I didn't have any problems, as I grounded the Bee*R to the earth wire in the ECU loom, then grounded that to the chassis.

I don't use mine much though - I'm always afraid I'll blow up a turbo or something. The thing is obnoxiously loud! And if you have a Power FC it'll send your knock readings through the roof.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info.. will check the link in a mo..

A rev limiter for when you have the handbrake on?? how is this helping.. you use this as a launch control somehow?? what would be good setting to start with??

As for Power FC and knock readings you lost me a bit there!! I know what knock is I think (pinking) pre ignition.. yes?

Cheers

Lee

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I dont use my rev limiter much but when i do it tends to draw a slight crowd....... :flame:

I have heard that the shocks can cause your oil pump to fail.

It basically allows you to hold the car at constant revs and load the drive components while sitting on the line, then drop the handbrake and off you go! :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
the STOCK turbos... cmon kids... all the info.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK.. so don't go over board on the gain then!! What happens if you pull up the handbrake a bit whilst driving? will it trigger the rev2?!

So let me get this straight.. you sit at the lights with your foot to the floor handbrake in hand.. rev2 set at about 2000?? clutch at biting point.. then let the handbrake go and grab for 2nd gear before you hit rev1?! what is a good setting for these please??

tar very much!!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Thats the idea mate, although my rev2 is set for about 5000rpm as im running a T78 and it takes a bit to get going!
Theres a thread somewhere with rough guides as to what the numbers equate to but on mine i think they are fooked up as it doesnt match (i recon the dials were maybe placed wrongly in the factory)
Everyone esles seems to match the numbers though! lol

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
ok, so with steel turbos, one can run the Bee*R occassionally and judiciously without really breaking anything then? Just a lot of combustion in the exhaust tract. Argh, I'm such a coward, I have it but I'm too chicken to use it :p

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have to say.. I am warey of the big bangs too!!!

I saw a post the other day about the settings will have to try and find it again..

·
Registered
412 Posts
Humm... well how many of u guys actually use it as a launch controller on the track for a 2 step launch? That is really the reason that I was looking at purchasing it. I would love to get feedback from someone who uses it for that!

-Sayajin

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Humm... well how many of u guys actually use it as a launch controller on the track for a 2 step launch? That is really the reason that I was looking at purchasing it. I would love to get feedback from someone who uses it for that!

-Sayajin
I did, but I'm not dextrous enough to handle holding the e-brake, and then giving it just enough clutch while having the throttle just right, then to dump the clutch, floor the throttle, and release the ebrake all at once.

Ah! Maybe the rev limiter is meant to let you floor the throttle. That'd make it easier, but I'm still way chicken of all them bangs and whatnot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi i just bought one and will be installing soon the motor is stock.. can i take it? i do ALOT ALOT of drifting with this vehicle, anywhere ican find a install sheet beside the bee r site seeing as how i dont read jap ^_^

thanks guys

·
Registered
198 Posts
Rev 1 cuts the ignition not the fuel as the standard do.
I have set my pfc to 500rpm higher then my bee-r rev. 1

Rev 2 also cuts the ignition but only if and when you want to. For example by hooking it up to you handbrake.
Then you can use it as a launch. Pull your handbrake, floor the gas pedal and it will start to build boost. It is called "Power Builder Bee-r rev limitter" :)

I use it as a launch control.
How much it wears on turbos, oil pump and other stuff i let someone else answer.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
what settings have you set it to to get that flamage? :D as not really played much with mine.

Tried mine as a launch control (as that is what I bought it for), but can launch better not using it!

·
Registered
198 Posts
It bangs on every setting. The higher the number the longer between the bangs if i dont remeber it all wrong.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts