GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what a pain in the ass it was to get the actuators and turbo down pipes off....

well this is work in progress

am looking forward to having it finshed next week...

pics coming soon

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
these stock turbodown pipes look so restrictive.

i thought my y-pipe and exhaust system got rid of all that..

well got the car in the air and remove the front lip and undertrays

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whilst there i changed the oil and filter.. it was not needed but might as well perfect chance to do it..

now get these y pipes off and all other stuff in the way to access the turbo downpipes..

this is a big job and not for someone with no patience

now the turbo downpies were off time to remove the stock actuators..

this is a pain in the ass job...

am still in process of getting these fitted few small issues to fix and then they will be in...

small eh

am also fitting some hks ssqv with polished pipes and hks drop in filter and also fitting some hks racing plugs

we also fitted some new retainer clips to the calipes..

you will get issues with your brakes clicking once you have done a few miles on them, factory missed them out.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some places are saying to drop the engine to do those actuators and whatever else can be done. Less labor less time and much less of a pain iin the rear.

I haven't a clue tho.
i have got them off just a pain in the ass..

we done all above in 18 hours..

but worked cautiosly too

·
Registered
634 Posts
Are you gonna vent to air or recirc - I am just curious as to what they will sound like. I know a lot of people don't like the woosh but I do. When I get it mapped I am tempted to go the same route.

Kp

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
i must say your 5zigen exhaust sounds exellent,thanks for starting her up for me at the fast and modified show.very nice talking to you:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i must say your 5zigen exhaust sounds exellent,thanks for starting her up for me at the fast and modified show.very nice talking to you:thumbsup:
no worries mate, did you see the wrap 911 turbo ??

he tried it on at end of show and the gtr kicked his ass..

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
wow excellent stuff Jurgen, great pics. I can't believe you did all the work without a ramp !

You know your hard work will have paid off as soon as you start her up. will sound so sweet with your Ti exhaust.

Will get base map sorted for you, datalog and we'll customise, and also if you want will come up to santa pod this weekend with Consult III etc.. improve gear changes.

Just get the 18's sorted :)

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow excellent stuff Jurgen, great pics. I can't believe you did all the work without a ramp !

You know your hard work will have paid off as soon as you start her up. will sound so sweet with your Ti exhaust.

Will get base map sorted for you, datalog and we'll customise, and also if you want will come up to santa pod this weekend with Consult III etc.. improve gear changes.

Just get the 18's sorted :)
okay please come to santa pod..

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well the new actuators are in so is the new hks ssqvs and my hks filters...

new gtc downpipes are also in..

al i have left now is to fit y pipe back in and do final check over, refit front bumper and trays..

another final check..

fire it up and call ben at gtc for new map..

hopefully it all goes well

i have more pics from install but am tired...

its took me a good 8-9 hours a day for four days.:cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts