GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just had a new instrument binnacle fitted under warranty. Annoyingly whenever I go into reverse I now get Beep Beep Beep from the dash. It's not a bloody milkfloat of a DHL van - so how do I turn this off?!

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
You can't......:(

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
It seems Nissan have beeping and non beeping replacements....

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
What's the warranty on the AV and instrument cluster, there was a thread on NAGTROC saying it had been increased to 5 years, but is that USA only?

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Certainly our stateside cousins have had the AV/cluster warranty increased to 5 years, mainly due to the high number of dash light and fuel gauge failures.

It may be that our EDM versions are modified given that I havent heard much forum chatter on here about failing dashes.

My only concern with any future issues is the complete lack of aftermarket repair options. Mechanical issues are well covered, electricals are lagging behind somewhat from what I've seen so far.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The beeping drives me nuts, the dealer told me when I had the camera and reversing sensors fitted that it wouldn't do it. Well it does and I wasn't too happy when I picked it up. Hopefully they will come up with a fix soon.

·
Registered
227 Posts
What's the warranty on the AV and instrument cluster, there was a thread on NAGTROC saying it had been increased to 5 years, but is that USA only?
Full details and letter from Nissan (see post 10) here.. Extended warranty on instrument cluster and audio - NAGTROC - The Nissan GT-R Owners Club

I`ve been talking to Nissan HQ who tell me they`re looking into it..mmm.`looking into it`..what does that mean?..does it follow that we have the same 3 yr upgrade here to??..i`ve had my audio `IT` unit replaced at 2k so far and next on the list is my dodgy dash lighting..Without these extended warranties we could be facing some hefty bills..

Are Nissan obliged to upgrade us?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bloody BEEP BEEP.

I don't drive a fork lift truck!!!!! FFS. I wonder if Litchfield can make it go away? Surely there's some sort of ECU setting for this.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Full details and letter from Nissan (see post 10) here.. Extended warranty on instrument cluster and audio - NAGTROC - The Nissan GT-R Owners Club

I`ve been talking to Nissan HQ who tell me they`re looking into it..mmm.`looking into it`..what does that mean?..does it follow that we have the same 3 yr upgrade here to??..i`ve had my audio `IT` unit replaced at 2k so far and next on the list is my dodgy dash lighting..Without these extended warranties we could be facing some hefty bills..

Are Nissan obliged to upgrade us?
That's the one I read, would be good piece of mind to know we have the same warranty upgrade. The Satnav has a hard disk, I can hear it clicking when I switch the ignition on - that is something that is very likely to fail after 4/5 years with all the shock and vibration it has to handle.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
The Hard drive and Dash now both have 5 year warranties in the UK.

The 09 car may or may not get a beeping dash when it is replaced.The HPCs often do not know.

My hard drive replacement now takes 40 seconds for a CD to show up on the screen and you have to turn the car off to get another CD to play...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Add my name to the list of owners who would love to turn the reverse beep off.

It's even worse on my car because the rear park sensors also beep when I get near to an obstacle.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The Hard drive and Dash now both have 5 year warranties in the UK.
Just had this today from Nissan Uk..allthough they won`t write and tell you..

"I can confirm that having investigated your queries relating to the instrument cluster, and audio unit of the Nissan GT-R, should you have an issue within 5 years from the warranty start date of the vehicle, either or the above issues will be covered, as per the terms and conditions of the standard manufacturers warranty.
I can confirm that whilst this is the case, mailings will not be sent to customers to confirm this."

·
R35 Section manager
10,921 Posts
I consider myself lucky as I have no beep!

·
Registered
419 Posts
the beeping is there to let you know how close objects are to the rear of the car(stating the obvious i know) would rather listen to that than a crash bang wollop.
or dont use reverse lol

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nope - I have reverse sensors too - they're a different beep. The beep beep is like the health and safety noise when a van reverses. It starts when you put the car into reverse. Complete PITA!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Mine also has this 'feature'. I hadn't realised some people are lucky enough to have an instrument cluster where it doesn't work! Every now and then I get a 'free reverse' where the beeping doesn't kick in, but I've not been able to work out a common thread as to when this happens so I could produce it more. Sometimes right in the middle of me reversing in blissful silence the car will remember it's supposed to be punishing me for wanting to go backwards (messes up Mizuno-san's aero package?) and start beeping again. Who on earth at Nissan decided this would be something owners would want needs their head examining.:runaway:
And to find that it remains in addition to the beeps from a parking sensor system (which I don't have) beggars belief. The possibility of getting the holy grail of instrument clusters without a beeper fitted by chance on a warranty repair means I'm now desperate for my display to fail in some way...

Fingers crossed!

Andrew

1 - 20 of 24 Posts