• Never changed Over 60K

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to know when people have changed their bell housings, or if not at all.
(y)

·
Premium Member
5,838 Posts
I've had x2 modified (retweaked) ones and both latest about 30k, arnt the newer Nissan 2017+ ones supposed to be decent?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
You can put as many upgraded ones on as you like but the damper plates are not replaced unless you buy a new Nissan one.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
09 with 38k. Mine defiantly rattles. It was noticeable by SRD on the first service I had once I purchased the car (car well known to them).

Orderd a 2017 bellhousing from amayama which is currently sitting in customs. Decided on this to ensure that the rattle is fixed whether from the bellhousing itself of from the damper.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I paid £1137 inc. delivery. There will be VAT to add but I calculated that it would be a couple of hundred cheaper than anywhere else.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
About 9 years and 34k miles, bellhousing changed. Mine had no rattle and no vibration but there was movement on the shaft more than tolerance and when it was taken off the bellhousing casing had been wearing away and dropping tiny bits of metal (powdery) inside the case. So, I would always say go by the shaft movement and not necessarily the rattle (as it could be the flywheel rattle you are hearing, which is normal per Nissan).

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
My lowest mileage car I have owned has definitely been the loudest, I have a 2017 one here waiting to go on.

I think it was £1530 from Nissan uk

·
Registered
261 Posts
October 2010 car, 44k miles, still on original bellhousing. It has a slight rattle but has been like that for a few years now, never seems to get any worse.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts