GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up the car from Middlehurst after having the Bell housing swapped under warranty. Seems a lot quieter now.

No complaints here.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
What year is your car? Did you have any slight vibration felt through the steering wheel? Mines a MY13 with 8k miles and I think mine needs to be changed too now.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Mine is a September 2009 car. I was told by Gary at Westway in Oxford that mine needed doing, back in April 2012 ish. 11k miles on the clock at the time.
30k miles on the clock now, and it's just started to vibrate a bit.

I'm going to Nissan with all my guns :chuckle:

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
What year is your car? Did you have any slight vibration felt through the steering wheel? Mines a MY13 with 8k miles and I think mine needs to be changed too now.
You won't feel it in the steering, it's through your feet, left foot rest more than anything. If your steering is vibrating, that's more likely to be wheel balance?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a 62 reg (3 years old in September) on 22k miles, car is a lot quieter & smoother to drive.

The weird thing is, is that the hand brake has been adjusted. It's properly on at one notch. Used to be at least 3 notches if not 4.

The gear changes seem smoother & quicker as well. Maybe a re-learn or possibly an update on the gearbox software but more likely not though.

Got a set of tyres & a set of brake discs & pads to do next (got them in the garage ready to go on), then the tax, then the insurance, then the MOT & 3 year service with a Litchfield warranty on the cards too. Luckily I got a brand new set of MPSS's with the car when I got it last year & they don't really need swapping over just yet but might as well get the whole lot done in one go. I bought the brakes in stages as the deals have come up on the forum over the last 8 months.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts