GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i knew about the bell housing on the GTR before i bought it, after research found its not a great deal of a problem just mostly noise, and first thing i did was get it booked in which is the 31st of this month.

However today, went out to the car turned it on, and it failed the TM check, and wouldnt let me move at all, left it for 10mins, turned on again passed the TM check but says engine fail visit dealer, now the car will move. with check engine light on, could the bellhousing cause this? Or am i facing greater problems.

Drove it back from Manchester when purchased with no issues whatsoever apart from the bellhousing noise.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I would phone up the dealer you got it off dean and get him to sort it as I take it you have a warranty ?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would phone up the dealer you got it off dean and get him to sort it as I take it you have a warranty ?
I have phoned the dealer, but he says it has Middlehurst Warranty still on it till June next year, but obviously them being closed, im all worry now.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have phoned the dealer, but he says it has Middlehurst Warranty still on it till June next year, but obviously them being closed, im all worry now.
I wouldn't worry dean middlehurst will sort out what ever the problem so just chill until you hear from them as you will get all different types of answers on here which will possibly make you feel worse lol

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldn't worry dean middlehurst will sort out what ever the problem so just chill until you hear from them as you will get all different types of answers on here which will possibly make you feel worse lol
I will call asap tomorrow morning. This is always my luck with buying cars, i always get bad luck. I knew this time wouldnt be any different :(

·
Premium Member
8,832 Posts
Good job mine didn't do that as it would be in Japanese LOL

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Never a nice feeling when things go wrong, your warranty should cover it though.

Should have bought Flynns :chuckle:

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Never a nice feeling when things go wrong, your warranty should cover it though.

Should have bought Flynns :chuckle:
I would but it was not the spec i want, otherwise i wouldve snapped it up.

Only reason i went for this was because of the warranty aswell. Im going to try and do the Footdance ECU fault code reading, this should be fun.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Sounds like symptoms of gearbox problems... while it's still under warranty definitely get it sorted!!!

edit: If it's still under manufacturers warranty contact the HPC directly and get Nissan CS involved otherwise it will take ages! MH have good rep so don't worry too much but still push to get it checked out ASAP.

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Talking about Flynn, i did a search and his thread here

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/164424-engine-system-malfunction-visit-dealer.html

is exactly 100% whats happened to me, including turning the car off when not in park (got to get the habit of it)
I hate to say I told you so........:runaway:

Yup. Same as me. Nothing to worry about dean as you've bought one with a warranty.

Ask about on here for a good HPC. Very important! Do not just take it to the nearest one!

They should give you a new gearbox if they are playing ball. SO all is not lost. Book it in this week with the utmost of importance. They'll send of a report to Nissan HQ and they'll say yeay or nah.

If they replace, brill :) New gearbox. Best result you could have, even better than if it didn't break :)

If Nissan say no (they shouldnt) for what ever reason. Go back to the dealer you bought. Refuse the car under that its not fit for purpose, and speak with a solicitor just to be on the safe side.

Id do all of this 9am tomorrow morning.

Look on the bright side, if they say yes. New gearbox. If they say no, get your money back and buy mine (if Ill sell it of course) ;)

1 - 20 of 136 Posts