GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Would like to hear your experience with aftermarket intake manifold + bigger throttle bodies VS stock intake manifold + stock throttle bodies.

I think we can all agree the benefits when there is plenty of potential left with turbos -> you get same power with less boost.

BUT how about when you don’t have too much potential left with your turbos.

Example with G25-660 when you are near max with stock manifold + TB:s (1000-1100bhp), what kind of benefits you can get just by changing aftermarket manifold + TB:s?

Sure I’m not the only one thinking about this, it’s really worth thinking how to spend that amount of a money.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Remember to also factor in cost of manifold+throttle bodies vs larger turbos.
Know several here in Sweden that runs 1150+ crank horsepower on stock mani+TB.
In US I've seen 1250+ wheel HP.

Think it is also important to know how much your turbos can flow. If they already are at their limit I dont think you'll see massive gains.
That being said I am also a bit curious. Looking into what to do after the season if I keep the car one more year.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts

Think it is also important to know how much your turbos can flow. If they already are at their limit I dont think you'll see massive gains.
That being said I am also a bit curious. Looking into what to do after the season if I keep the car one more year.
Stock manifolds have made as much as 1800hp, we are going to test a stock manifold on mine but only at around 1000whp to see the definitive increase if any. Also would like to test any of the other big name ones with 12 injector set up so BL and AMS.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I said 1000 hp because chances are we will only be able to test on 6 injectors, if we can get a 12 injector setup then obviously we can test at higher hp.
Its seeing if we replicate the figures that were the deciding factor in choosing the MAD Sweden manifold because the increase on stock TB's over an AMS on 72mm TB's was astounding, the baseline with AMS was approx 850whp BTW.
That and the fact the thing is an absolute work of art.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Oh you are going for a Swedish solution. Very cool. Don't know there was any manufacturer for our cars here (I am located in Sweden).
Checked their website and Damn that's a beautiful manifold.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Yes exactly.

I’m now in a position that I have brand new g25-660 turbos, so changing them isn’t an option. So then it comes to that is it worth the money to change intake manifold + throttle bodies and what is the benefits. How much more hp, how much difference in spool etc.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
It would be interesting to drop some manifolds onto a 4.25 car and see what the difference was.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Oh you are going for a Swedish solution. Very cool. Don't know there was any manufacturer for our cars here (I am located in Sweden).
Checked their website and Damn that's a beautiful manifold.
Yes the products are amazing and of unbelievable quality, Im hoping to include more in the build but thats time/£££ dependant.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Is there any dyno data on the mad ones to compare against std and aftermarket inlets?
Yes I have seen the figures, on a 847whp car with AMS manifold and 72mm TB's the MAD one with stock TB's showed a significant gain, however before more figures were obtained, ie backed up and rechecked the engine was thought to have mad a strange noise so the dyno was aborted and engine removed. They dont want figures published until the data is backed up by a similar improvement. Part of my arrangement is the testing side and obtaining figures. I will ask Jonas to look at this thread.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
The Mad one is very nice, but the JCR one is a thing of beauty, excellence personified.
I asked Dimitri and her says he lost power fitting one :unsure:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts