GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys

I currently have the dunlop run flats on at the moment, the car just seems too unstable over 100. Car decides to move to the left/right under its own. I guess this is going to be in relation to tramlining.

Even in a straight line the steering wheel just wants to do it's own thing sometimes. Now I have not had any geo setup and when i took it from the dealership they put 4 new tyres on. It is due for a road GEO sometime next week I'm hoping this is the issue and not me needing to get a different set of tyres.

What I also want to know is in your experience what is the BEST dry tyre for the road.

Now what I mean by this is

Most grip, mainly in the dry but a little also in the wet. Don't care about track use this is strictly for the road.

I have AD08-R's on my EVO and they are amazing, I was hoping for some similar kind of confidence in the GTR but in honesty the car has disappointed me. As I said im hoping its just the alignments etc that are out.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But aren't the R888 a bit too weak for damp days, I had them on my EVO and when there was the slightest of moist that's it , had to watch my self.

I want some kind of wet grip doesn't have to be a lot but deffo enough to keep me alive :D

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Mpsc2s could be a contender? Best of both worlds.. Not tried them myself, but will do next time round.

·
Registered
808 Posts
R888s are fine in the wet.

Drove mpsc2 on a speciale. Seem pretty good

Only issue with r888 is drone

I've got Dunlop winters I'll swap into around nov

1 - 9 of 9 Posts