GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Are these the one's that are very similar to GT-SS's?? Having a bit of a dilemma....Was originally gonna go for GT-SS, then thought about 2530's, then back to GT-SS again!!!:bawling: :bawling: . However, I was doing some reading into the Garrett GT2860R-7 IIRC on another thread and was impressed. Anybody got any experience of them in terms of lag/power and injector choice.

Ta,
TT

·
Registered
585 Posts
I had the same dilemma as you have, but now my new turbos are on the way
707160-5 aka GT2860R-5 almost identical to HKS2530.
GTSS will be to small IMHO and i will get tired after 2-3 weeks of the power they can deliver now it will take at least 4 weeks before i get tired ;-).

tarmac terror said:
Are these the one's that are very similar to GT-SS's?? Having a bit of a dilemma....Was originally gonna go for GT-SS, then thought about 2530's, then back to GT-SS again!!!:bawling: :bawling: . However, I was doing some reading into the Garrett GT2860R-7 IIRC on another thread and was impressed. Anybody got any experience of them in terms of lag/power and injector choice.

Ta,
TT

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Hmm, tough one.....
I'm looking for about 450-480 ATW (so thats about 520-550ish ATF i reckon) as an ultimate road-going spec. I've heard different stories about what GT-SS's can handle and how laggier(!) 2530's are . If I can get away with GT-SS's at that power level then I'll choose them as I hear they spool up very nicely indeed. The garrett turbo's we've been speaking about also interest me as I believe that they spool up quickly and are good for the power I'm looking at. Anyone driven cars with GT-SS and Garrett GT2860R-7's and can comment on the differences??
Sorry for the hijack mate but I think that this may answer your original question.

TT

·
Registered
589 Posts
phatsupraboytt said:
what sort of bhp would they produce with the right injectors ecu etc.. also rough price?

Thanks
these should be able to produce 300bhp each. what injectors you run depends on how much boost you intend to run, i would have thought 600cc injectors would be perfectly adequate if you ran something like 1.2~1.4 bar.
hope this helps.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
R0B said:
these should be able to produce 300bhp each. what injectors you run depends on how much boost you intend to run, i would have thought 600cc injectors would be perfectly adequate if you ran something like 1.2~1.4 bar.
hope this helps.
Helps alot thanks mate, wheres the best place to purchase these? as im looking on doing this soon.

·
Registered
589 Posts
phatsupraboytt said:
Helps alot thanks mate, wheres the best place to purchase these? as im looking on doing this soon.

try owen developments, they do not show them on their website, however, im sure they would be able to source some for you. or you could try some of the tuners on here.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
R0B said:
try owen developments, they do not show them on their website, however, im sure they would be able to source some for you. or you could try some of the tuners on here.
Ideal i shall give that a try, thanks mate.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
What about Apexi AX53B60/70 turbos? Where do they fit in to all of this, in terms of power versus lag? Apexi makes a complete bolt-on kit for Skylines but I've yet to hear of anyone who's actually installed one.

·
Registered
56 Posts
kismetcapitan said:
What about Apexi AX53B60/70 turbos? Where do they fit in to all of this, in terms of power versus lag? Apexi makes a complete bolt-on kit for Skylines but I've yet to hear of anyone who's actually installed one.
There is a r33 gtr with these turbs on a built motor at the loacl track runing 11.3s he took me for a spin in the car little lag good strong pull across the rev range But he does have cams in it as well 1.4 bar of boost cant remember how much power but.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.