GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi all,

i was wondering what the best choice of fuel would be for the skyline and for each model, but especially for mine.

I Own a Skyline '91 Gts-t R32 Type M, 2.0l with HKS turbo and modified cusco clutch with a kt steering wheel.

its a recent import from japan and i'm the first uk driver. Had empty tank to start off with so i filled it up with £60 worth of V-power. Is that the best choice of fuel?
Also, if i topped the car up now with shell optimax would that be a problem?
Please help as this is a very new thing for me. sorry if i sound like a complete nOOb!:thumbsup:

Also, after taking it to the garage, they said to me that the car was only running 0.5bar of boost. Normal is suppose to be 0.7-0.9? He didnt think there was a problem with it. Does anyone know how to bring the boost back up to 0.7-0.9 as its normal pace?

many thanks in advance

munchie.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I always use shell V Power (Its the same as optimax they've just changed the name, but not all of the garages have changed the advertising yet) If thats not available then use any Super unleaded! Remember your car is set up for 100 octan fuel, Uk super unleaded is only 97 V Power is 98 I think.

Adjust the boost by tweaking the actuator or be lazy and buy a bleed valve or preferably a boost controller. But I wouldn't wind it up past standard boost unless you have it properly set up for lower octane fuel.

No expert but thats my opinion.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Aye V-Power is the way to go. Its actually 99RON not 98RON. Been using in in my R33 GTR for a while which was mapped for Optimax 97RON. Was chatting to Rod Bell about V-Power and he said i could quite easily dial in another 2degrees of ignition advance into the apexi (mapped for 97RON) without worrying about any knock (Note: 2degrees of igintion advance doesnt equate to 2RON points!!!). So I did and the knock still doesnt get higher that 15.

Even though you mapped for 100octane vpower isnt far off. Just dont wind up the boost or ignition advance!.

·
Registered
704 Posts
My preference runs in the following order :
1. Shell V-Power - 99 RON apparently designed by Ferarri and has valve celaning chemicals added.
2. Tesco 99 RON - doesn't calim to have any special chemicals in it, but it's the high octane that reduces the risk of detonation. Careful at Tesco, because some of them have Esso fuel, which is only 97 RON.
3. BP Excellium - 97 RON - apparently with some fancy chemicals in it, but they don't market it quite as much as Shell do with the V-Power - I only use this if I can't find the other 2.

I've heard BP have 102 RON fuel in a few places up and down the country (one is near Milton Keynes which is handy for drag days at Santa Pod ;) )
This is prohibitively expensive (somewhere near £2 a litre :eek: ).

Oh and BTW, don't bother asking the dude in the petrol station about the fuel - they always look at you as if you've suddenly grown a 3rd head.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh and BTW, don't bother asking the dude in the petrol station about the fuel - they always look at you as if you've suddenly grown a 3rd head.
LOL!!!
thats well funny way of saying it! hahaahah

so if i put v-power into the car and nows it quarter tank full, i can put other ones in there as well without worrying that the car will break? :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts