GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,576 Posts
I did look at the Blackberry Storm - but no Wifi!! Useless, I don't want to pay them everytime I just want to check my emails, I wanna use free wifi!!

So that was out. Unfortunately my phone is linked into vodafone for work, as I really want an iphone.:bawling: I'm still using my E90 as I just can't see anything else worth getting atm.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
The Storm is crap, sent it back. The Curve is the tool of choice for the missus and the 8310 for me. I must say, I'm being pulled toward the iphone and will wait until the smaller one is out before I jump ship.

·
Registered
9,650 Posts

Phone wise accept no substitutes ...

However, I just hate iTunes.

I lost everything thanks to it the other day when I had to install a new hard drive. Reloaded iTunes, made sure it accepted this computer, signed in, then clicked sync ...

Gone. Everything. Even said it found my phone registered to an old iTunes account & did I want to download that content !?!!!

Music, apps, pictures, the lot. You can reload the apps for free if you've paid for them - time & a pain in the ass to find them all again & download them. But couldn't recover the albums, films, music I bought as you have to repay for those.

:chairshot

·
Registered
919 Posts
I'll keep a hold of it, since I have updated the firmware it keeps turning itself off every 10 or 15mins. I tried to downgrade the firmware but no luck.

Also the Symbian software is sh1t, its too slow.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
the missus has an LG Prada and the Samsung Omnia. The Korean market versions include a fair bit more - the Omnia she has, has the new screen with double the resolution. Both have DMB television. I had the Prada too and was quite happy with it for a couple years. But the Korean market version did NOT have bluetooth (???), so I recently picked up a Motorola Prizm - the flip phone with dual touch screens. It is shit. The LG touchscreen from more than two years ago is far better in that it simply works. I'm constantly fighting the screen on my phone, it doesn't take input from a stylus, and if the screen is too smudged, your fingertips too sweaty, or its the wrong time of the month, the inputs are wrong or don't work at all.

I should have just kept the Prada; I'm not making the move to a smartphone until there's a damned good one out there.

The iPhone is STILL not sold in Korea although the law that blocked its sale was lifted three weeks ago. I suspect Apple won't introduce the iPhone until the next generation comes out - the current iPhone, although nice, wouldn't compare on paper with the latest Samsung stuff, which is a generation ahead in Korea than what you can get in other countries. At the very least, the iPhone would need haptic touch feedback, but what I'm hoping is that Apple gets the thing to work not on the HSDPA networks, but also on the Seoul-exclusive WiBro network, which is full wifi coverage within the city - all of Seoul is a wifi hotspot...if your gear can talk to it.

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well, i've decided on the Samsung Omnia HD, the phone looks awesome. My local shop should be getting in a demo one this week and the release will be by the end of the month i hope :)

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Another one for iphone, best phone ive ever owned. and the ability to update when something new comes out, bit update coming in summer too which will make it even better

·
Registered
852 Posts
Another vote for the iPhone here!

Previous iPhones all released june/july. This june/july firmware 3.0 will be released together with a newer version of the phone.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Good choice. If I'd known Samsung were going to bring the HD out over here I'd have waited until now to upgrade my phone. As it was, I upgraded to a standard Omnia earlier in the year.

Have to say though, my Omnia is superb - does everything (and more) than I could possibly want. Got myself a car kit for it recently, and having iGo 8 installed on the extra memory card has saved me going out and buying a new Sat Nav device.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
You might not compare PCs and Macs on stats but you compare hardware and software to determine what is going to be more suitable for your requirements.

Both the Omnia(HD) and the iPhone are considered smartphones and their hardware and software options are perfectly valid to compare.

Personally, I think the Omnia HD is a superb choice.

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Whats so different about the two OS's Bucky, is it just the general UI/transitions?

Heard about one called Android but not sure it there are any/many using it ATM.

The thing that i like about the Omnia is the HD recording/screen size/camera etc. The OS i can deal with (I'm used to S60 from the N95 but the HD has loads more ram and a huge processor, 600mhz i think, so should be miles quicker?)

21 - 40 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.