GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
6220 Classic kicks ass IMHO

i have the nokia 6220 classic, and in my opinion is the most understated advanced unit out there, not only boasting a karl zeiss 5mp camera and all the usual symbain S60 3rd edition refinements, and u can just pop an 8gb card in it, it has GPS, 3.5G edge, obviously full web, email etc..etc. but it also has an AMAZING battery life!!! easily going between 5 and 7days between full charges :):)
mind you ive had nokia's since the 6150 and have always had the more advanced/business/world traveller type of fone, rather than the full-on battery hungry multimedia game station does everything except make fonecalls type of fone heheh
i am VERY impressed with it :)

·
Premium Member
8,086 Posts
i've got an X1,and to be honest it looks cool and everything IMO,but it's not really a fantastic phone,i preferred my old k850i tbh

·
Registered
816 Posts
Xperia X1 is aweful!! had one for a week and sent it back. No signal most of time, windows mobile loves crashing, have to use a stylus on screen as everything is too small.

Swapped for a HTC Magic and I'm happy with it. Loads of free apps browser works well. Very fluid.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Anybody have any thoughts on the LG Areana???

Her that this was the best phone to come onto the market in the second Q2009???

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,189 Posts
Anybody have any thoughts on the LG Areana???

Her that this was the best phone to come onto the market in the second Q2009???
I had a look at these and their spec is very impressive. Perhaps the greatest number of features. The thing which has put me off was the software, a little clunky. Also being propriety it has all the disadvantages of the iPhone with none of the advantages.

With a different OS I'd have had one.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Been looking more into the LG arena, and have seen a review basically saying that its a absolutley fantastic phone, but has been slated in some quarters as orange has been playing with it first............

"Update: it has become apparent that Orange have done something awful to this phone. They've removed Google Maps, replaced the web browser and music player with their own contraptions, and done something to stop you viewing youtube videos. Most of the bad user reviews below are from Orange users. The answer's simple: don't buy this phone on Orange, and don't upgrade to it if you're currently on Orange. Get a new contract instead. You have been warned!!"

Source:-Should you buy the LG Arena KM900? Read our LG Arena review plus LG Arena reviews by users and find the best buy in the UK (Free LG Arena / LG Arena pay as you go - 3, O2, Orange, T-Mobile, Three, Vodafone)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Too late mate, just ordered my LG arena now:D:D:D

Just cant believe that i have had to cancel my exsiting contract with O2, in order to take up a new one with them to get my new phone. (i have gone through a 3rd party supplier)

The chap on the customer retentions hotline was speechless when i told him (whilst ringing for my pac code). They tried to offer me everything first and i just said that only a iphone would interest me and not for £35p/m on a 2 year contract, to which his reply was that they were not allowed to budge on the iphone's price/ tariff or contract length. And that o2 are no longer going to stock any of the latest highend touch screen mobiles, beacue they have put everything into the iphone.

Bit of a shitter for O2 i think, i know a lot of people like the iphone but not everyone is going to go for it

·
Registered
60 Posts
Iphone 3G.

I bought this not long after it came out and its simply brilliant. Its an absolute pleasure to use, everything has been well thought out and the touch screen is a masterpiece. I can live with the crappy camera but one thing that does annoy me is the lack of picture messaging but I believe ther is a software update coming out later this year that will sort that out.

·
Registered
919 Posts
The Iphone 3G will get a new software update version 3.0. I think it is due in the next month or so.
It is under test now.

Google it and it explains the differences. MMS and Video included.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
I cannot fault my BB 8900, it's the best phone I've ever had.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ted, hang on until you see the HD next week mate
Samsung i8910 HD

I have been licking my lips in anticipation for this one

first phone recording video in 720p HD
8mp camera
3.7 amoled screen
divx/xvid/h.264 video
8 or 16gb onboard storage plus up to 32gb expandable
3.5mm headphone jack
gps
the list goes on and on
:runaway:

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
Samsung i8910 HD

I have been licking my lips in anticipation for this one

first phone recording video in 720p HD
8mp camera
3.7 amoled screen
divx/xvid/h.264 video
8 or 16gb onboard storage plus up to 32gb expandable
3.5mm headphone jack
gps
the list goes on and on
:runaway:
And probably slow crappy touchscreen.

I still haven't seen ANY touch screen that yet works as well as Apples.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
It uses the same type of touch-screen as the iPhone.

I have the existing (Standard) Omnia and the touchscreen is pretty bloody good (just navigating around some of the windows bits can be a pain, but Samsung have done a good job with their own front end). The standard Omnia has a different kind of touch-screen still works bloody well.

I have an iPod touch too....and to be honest, I enjoy using both devices equally.

People with iPhones need to get over the fact that others have caught up and are offering devices with far more "ability". Apple has one up with the app store but I'd rather have the Omnia (and if I was buying now I'd defnitely be getting the HD version).

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
The HD is meant to be a great touch screen apart from not having multi-touch of the iPhone (resistive instead of capacitive i think) It has more RAM when operating than the iPone too. The only downside is, whilst being able to record in HD, the sound is still recorded in AAC as Samsung have bought the rights apparently, talk about old software! Maybe it can be sorted by hacking the phone or one of Samsungs elusive software updates. The only other point people are worried about is the plastic back cover, it was initially offered with a metal cover.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
multi point input is coming with windows mobile 6.5 or 7

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
For those with the iphone, one word

ORB

awesome app, well worth the 5.99 :bowdown1::bowdown1:

41 - 60 of 65 Posts
Status