GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new exhaust, and was planning on getting a front pipe, and De-cat at the same time. Can anybody recommend a good system, i was thinking of getting HKS silent hi-power, or super dragger (Whats the difference appart from price) along with one of their front pipes.

I also came across XS-Power's website, but from doing a bit of research, they seem to be crap. Has anybody fitted any of their stuff, espically the manifolds made from 321 S/Steel. I would like some feedback and info on their products cause there doing an engine back system (manifolds, turbo pipes, front pipe and complete exhaust system) for £600. I'm guessing that you get what you pay for, but if there good, once youve got past the fitting part then is seems like a good price.

Any recomendations or info would be helpfull. Rest of the car is standard, appart from my 3" Cat back system (with great big split down the middle of the pipe!)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
xs power's intercoolers are ok just a pain to fit but most of their other stuff mainly the turbos and manifolds you should give a miss. but as for their exhausts i dont know about them.hope that helps .
HuDeani.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Kakimoto tend's to scream, they have that classic "Skyline Sound", pretty high pitch.

Off the shelf Loud - Blitz Nur Spec, its a classic, deep.

Nismo Exhaust Systems are extremely mild (not just the tone), always dissapointed me.

BuddyClub are quite raspy, reminds me of ripping paper.

HKS Superdragger is loud, nice note, bassy

I'm going custom just for simplicity and because there's not much on shelf in 100mm, the big straight through pipework (i.e. no middle silencers) do sound a bit gross... basically like a blowing exhaust system until you get up the rev's when the I6 note starts to ring out.

Anything Titanium makes a great sound, very identifiable...

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
ima fancying the twin super dragger that was/ison japperformaceparts.co.uk. twin pipes straight from turbos to rear 500 quid second hand if only i had the cash now. ive got some loud thing on mine but just has jasma plate on it dont think thats the make?

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
Good find an HKS dual system. I wanted to go to one of these from my HKS Silent Hi Power.
Have a Kakimoto N1 Twin plus Dual on the car now.
Not quiet at all but really does make a lovely noise on full chat. You will look for tunnels :)
If you do track days you will fail the sound tests and it may cause a problem when MOT'ing

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Good find an HKS dual system. I wanted to go to one of these from my HKS Silent Hi Power.
Have a Kakimoto N1 Twin plus Dual on the car now.
Not quiet at all but really does make a lovely noise on full chat. You will look for tunnels :)
If you do track days you will fail the sound tests and it may cause a problem when MOT'ing
But there's always ways round the MOT, hey Bajie!!!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Apexi N1 frontpipe, de cat & HKS Super Dragger back box.... perfect for a road R32GTR:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 5zeign(sp?) on mine, very suttle. So nice to driving around everday, won't attract to want unwanted attention. But also sounds great when you really start to drive. I used to have a kakimoto before that, and it was waaay loud, maybe one of the loudest exhausts imo. Plus a constant droning sound, for long road trips

·
Registered
163 Posts
................I used to have a kakimoto before that, and it was waaay loud, maybe one of the loudest exhausts imo. Plus a constant droning sound, for long road trips
My system consists of a vielside equal legnth front pipe, a test pipe, and then the kakimoto racing exhaust. It does get on your nerves on the longer trips, but I dont mind it too much

1 - 14 of 14 Posts