GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best gearbox oil for a r32 box?Im thinkn redline but there are a couple of different types of redline gearoil also..which one?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Hey dude, how goes it? I think the one you want is the Redline Shockproof oil. That's what I run in the 34 :smokin:

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Redline Heavy Shockproof. Although I've heard that the Getrag doesn't like it. But it sure is the ONLY oil for the GT-R 5-speeds.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Running heavy weight shockproof here. (OSG 5 speed). Doesnt like going into 2nd when dead cold but silky smooooooth when warm :D

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Running heavy weight shockproof here. (OSG 5 speed). Doesnt like going into 2nd when dead cold but silky smooooooth when warm :D
Me too! And it wines for about 200mtrs when cold....I was thinking of running lightweight.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I put up with the stubborn bitch when ice-cold, because the feeling of protection is well worth it. The worst it ever gets is about five minutes of moving in the dead of winter before 1st gear stops acting like a catholic schoolgirl and lets me slot the gearshift in without having to put up a fight :chuckle:

Having a short shifter exacerbates things of course. But there's a price to pay for every extreme upgrade...

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Lads..:)redline heavy shockproof it is..hopefully it will speed up my gear changes without the slight grind i get going into 4th and 5th... when i change too fast with the current oil in the box.Not pleasent..

@toby..how do you find your quick shifter,is it a worthwhile mod?

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
same thing - but noobs repeating the same question monthly helps keep my post count up :D

·
Registered
411 Posts
i tried heavey shockproof in a getrag 5spd once and it was horrible. not to mention it was a bitch to get in there. cant imagine it being ideal for street driving.

what does redline/getrag reccomend?

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
in the R32/R33 gearbox it's great. In the R34 Getrag it's horrible.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
same thing - but noobs repeating the same question monthly helps keep my post count up :D
noobs???

@gtr Glenn...consistant pathetic stupid unhelpfull attitude again???!:Dbullied as a child glenn??!and the only way of releasing the frustration/anger/negitive energy is to take it out on internet forum users..?!ones that dont use the search function to your standards!!Quality! absolute gold..!your one of a kind.l suppose its not your fault..just cry it out glenn.l. cry it out!:bawling::bawling:

kismet..you could have just answered the question, as no doubt you would have had if gtr glenn hadnt interupted the thread !Whos the noob?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Calm down guys.

To be fair the search facility aint the best on this site.

Back to the thread though i am going to try some redline heavy in mine when i get around to changing it. Seem to be getting a ticking noise while driving slowly in built up areas that seems to be coming from under the car. I think maybe its old oil or low oil in the box.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'll give this a try as well. I used to use Redline MT-90 in my MkIII Supra turbo. The R154 gearbox in that car LOVED the stuff. Hopefully Heavy Shockproof is just as much of a dream for the 5 speed gearbox in my 32.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
"Gearbox Oil"
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 10.90 seconds.

So only 500 times ....

As you started this,
Actually, no wasnt bullied as a child, I was taught that if you want to find something out (and you are not taught it at school or uni)you go to the library or these days the internet.
Unlike you, so far I have been more than capable of finding pretty much everythning I dont already know by reading and searching using the two options above.
You are clearly incapable of helping yourself and are reliant on others for assistance, which is fine, some people are just like that.
I dont remember insulting you because of your obvious shortcomings , maybe I should ?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
you must have a short memory glenn..since iv joined this forum everybody on here has been more then helpfull and very friendly execpt you..you make it your business to be ignorant and sarcastic,you give out to people about not using the search function in 2 thirds of your posts on here which is humourously lame..jesus you got "OMG try search" written under your "cars owned"..lame.You have serious attitude issues glenn.Btw we all have short comings..you certainly have alot more than me.

If you have nothing good to say, SAY NOTHING..not in my threads anyway

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
So 1134 of my posts I have asked people to "search"
Really ?
OK
Im sure you will find its maybe 30 or so ....and ALWAYS for people asking the same questions over and over again with no effort at all to help themselves.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i didnt go counting glenn..!30 is a serious understatment though..im sure most regular users will agree.I do understand why you do give out about it..some topics constantly being asked piss me off too.

However if, "what type of redline gearoil best suits the 32 box" was asked over and over again im sure it would have popped up straight away when i did do a search before starting the thread..it didnt.

Anyways this conversation is going nowhere..catch you later..hopefully not in conflicting circumstances ;)

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Sweet,
I think I might have had a temporary brain overload ....
When I changed my sig it was after reading questions (new threads) from people when there were still current threads on the exact same topic running .....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts