GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys , just wondering on opinions of the best induction system for an r34 gtr ( don't want to scrimp ) thanks in advance for any answers .

·
Registered
558 Posts
Standard air box is too restrictive.
Just look at the letter box the air has to get through, the pressure drop must be phenominal. Got to let the engine breath with minimum pressure losses both on induction and exhaust.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Standard air box is too restrictive.
Just look at the letter box the air has to get through, the pressure drop must be phenominal. Got to let the engine breath with minimum pressure losses both on induction and exhaust.
Is it?
The late model R33 and R34 GTR boxes have a snorkle from the passenger side guard. There is abosultely nothing wrong with the airbox.

Thats 632 RWHP (at the wheels), not some theoretical % loss through the drivline. Thats through a set of -5's. If it was so restrictive, it wouldn't have made that.

engine bay

OP, leave the airbox in place. Spend the money elsewhere on the car that actually makes a difference like your twin turbo pipe for example.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unless you want more noise I'd keep the stock airbox. Change the filter regularly and make sure all the ducting is in good shape.
I do love the induction noise but if it was potentially harmful to the car i wouldn't do it .

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
I do love the induction noise but if it was potentially harmful to the car i wouldn't do it .
There is a bit of shades of grey I imagine. From what I understand the best filtration material is the paper type. The fabric types are next and the foam types the worse.

Worth noting that if you keep the MAFs then stay away from oiled filters.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts