GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, im going to import a 34 from japan myself, its something i wanted to do for ages, not cut out the middle man so to speak but to be able to choose from a widw and varied selection of cars these auction houses seem to have..
Could anyone recommend the number one JDM auction website so i can get started...
many thanks
Kieran:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Hi the only way to cut out the middle man is to buy direct from auction house..

most auction sites are linked to the main bidding site - including mine ;-)..

(for example we have access to all the auctions in Japan via one site)..

we can let you view all the auction houses and bid for you if you want to use a middle man ;-),.

·
Registered
871 Posts
only website i use to look at the weekly cars is JDMauctionwatch type it on Google or Facebook :)

They seem to list a lot of auctions on there! I look weekly, but i'll never have the money, just nice to see whats about :)

·
Vendor
3,452 Posts
Mate best advice I can give you is speak to jurgen and get him to import you one , at least you know you will be getting quality

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
best djm auction website

thanks all for the replies....appreciate the effort....
i really do want to get into an auction/bidding/buying adventure!!! so jm- and euroexports ...sorry....
matty...i hear it is simple...as long as you cover all the bases and eventualities...which auction website would you recommend???

Thanks all
kieran

·
Registered
25,956 Posts
I was actually being sarcastic

you have to be on the ground to see these cars,

a grade 4 b, is not always a 4b

however if you go via us then there are costs associated to that,

but you get what you pay for to be honest

covered it time and time again

check out the gallery section on a 32 we are about to supply a 32 gtroc owner who wanted the very best available.

so we deliver.

the fact is, you can bid and buy any car you want in JP but 3 auction pics (front, rear interior) are not going to give you the true reflection of the car.

everyone in the chain (based outside JP) wants their cut, regardless of what they say.

would you buy a car from Pistonheads / Auto trader based in 3 pictures?

i guess the answer is no.

leave it to the pro's who are based in JP.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
If you really want to do it without middle men, you have to go inspect the car, as the others have said, it's simple to buy based on pics, but it's a big risk.

Good luck, post your findings if you feel confident to continue.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
best djm auction website

matty....
are you saying that buying direct from JDM auction houses without a known intermeditary( newera,euroexports,jm-imports) is hit and miss as to what you pay for and what you actually get????

i bought a 4 door r33 two years ago from an auctionhouse in jpn under the influence of a lot of alcohol( late nite alcoshopping)....it was like buying a nexus 7 from AMAZON....hassle free and believe it or not i was blown away by the simplicity of the transaction......i bidded , i won , i paid, i received:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts
Ok I can't say from personal experience because I have never bought a car on a jdm auction site but there would always be the risk (however small or large), of you getting something that isn't quite up to standard. The chances of something going wrong if you go through a reputable importer is far less.thats the reason why a lot of people go through importers. As long as you are aware of the risks and are willing to accept them then I'm sure it will be quite a buzz!

·
Registered
429 Posts
matty....
are you saying that buying direct from JDM auction houses without a known intermeditary( newera,euroexports,jm-imports) is hit and miss as to what you pay for and what you actually get????

i bought a 4 door r33 two years ago from an auctionhouse in jpn under the influence of a lot of alcohol( late nite alcoshopping)....it was like buying a nexus 7 from AMAZON....hassle free and believe it or not i was blown away by the simplicity of the transaction......i bidded , i won , i paid, i received:cool:
Why don't you just use the same auction house you brought the 33 from

1 - 13 of 13 Posts