GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So was wondering, what the best rpm and boost pressure setting are for a good launch. Was playing with my launch control at the weekend and got a little hooked.

Any advice would be great.
Cheers
John

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Also depends on the surface you're launching on.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Tyres, tyre temp, weather, surface etc. will all affect a launch so you'd need to test different settings to find the one that suits the day really.

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
RRR and then maybe keep the revs on the lower side.

But you'll probably get the TC kicking it.

So maybe RR OFF and then do as you wish

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
As above, matey.
It'll change on surface, temperature, tyre pressure, tread depth, mapping, torque delivery, etc.

There's no hard and fast rule, but 3500 will be a decent place to start, if it bogs down, give it more. If it cuts with TC, give it less.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was under the impression you could preset the boost level and rpm with the ECUTEC software. So it's just a case of when you put your foot flat on the floor it holds the revs at say for arguments sake 3k. Release the brake and off you go.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
That is very correct mate. What they are saying is set it to the lower side and if that's not suited to the conditions change on the next go ; ) not all surfaces are the same. Some may require 3.5k some 4k

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
LOL, you boys, the GTR dosent really need Lunch (yes I did mean LUNCH) Control, I beat a 911Turbo of the line and to 165mph on a damp surface on Saturday !

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Steve I agree fella, most of the time I just roll on to it. Did that on the Wales event last year and did very well. I take it that porker was a 996 or early 997 as the last of the 997's and the new 991 is no push over.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
LOL, do you know I don't actually pay that much attention as they are all VW Beetles !!

It just said 911 Turbo on the back and was Gay (Grey) LOL LOL LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts