GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
:) 9 mins 25 in "suddenly the car hydroplanes in the pouring rain" - at 155mph I would have had a SERIOUS brown trouser moment...

Also looks like there isn't a Japanese word for "bypass" :thumbsup:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have hydroplaned at a slightly higher speed to that in an evo and it was dramatic but i got it back and it did take abit more fighting of the steering wheel lol. Watching that shows how amazing the car truely is. Very composed indeed:clap:

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Keep the faith; keep your foot on the gas:D
Who's all big and bad now after a trip round Anglesey and North Wales then?! :p

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Keep the faith; keep your foot on the gas:D
You might get away with that 90% of the time in a GT-R, but it's not the recommended way to deal with aquaplaning, in case anyone here thinks it is!

Just gently lift off the power and don't steer until the tyres are back on the tarmac.

I drove through some torrential rain and deeply flooded motorway yesterday and the Bridgetones were fine. Traction under acceleration was another matter... :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
David

I can't remember but I believe you have gone from Dunlops to Bridgestornes, for general road use and occasional track, would I be correct in stating the Bridgestones are probably prefered. I understand Dunlops will be superior under ideal conditions, ps I live in Scotland we rarely get to sample ideal conditions.

L

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
:shy: shucks

actually , I've really got an appetite for a pre-Christmas trackee
Funny you should say that but I MUST get to a track very, very soon...... :bawling:

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
David

I can't remember but I believe you have gone from Dunlops to Bridgestornes, for general road use and occasional track, would I be correct in stating the Bridgestones are probably prefered. I understand Dunlops will be superior under ideal conditions, ps I live in Scotland we rarely get to sample ideal conditions.

L
Hi Lindsay, yes you are correct, I did switch from the OEM Dunlops to Bridgestones. I will put up my long-promised comparison review shortly.

David

1 - 13 of 13 Posts