GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, probably going against the grain with this thread, but i thought i'd ask anyways. Out of interest (for the granny drivers out there), whats the most amount of miles you have clocked on a single tank.

I did a trip to birmingham, fuel guage near bottom showing 25 miles free, filled up @ £85 (to the brim), mine to Birmingham 135 miles, then 2 short trips around town (6 miles, and 3 launches) then back @ 135 miles, so all in all 276 miles and arriving home with 66 miles left in the take, which makes an impressive 336 miles to the tank !:D

·
Registered
227 Posts
Not quite a single tank but.. NEC this week, 237 mile roundtrip.Indicated 29.5 mpg avg from the dash,a bit less in reality,around 27 ish i reckon.A touch over 40 litres to brim it again.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Not quite a single tank but.. NEC this week, 237 mile roundtrip.Indicated 29.5 mpg avg from the dash,a bit less in reality,around 27 ish i reckon.A touch over 40 litres to brim it again.
27 mpg is really good, i have only managed to get 23 mpg on a long trip but that was from South Wales to North Wales driving up through Mid Wales, great roads for a good drive avoiding M Ways, even better and quieter if you choose a day when Wales are playing rugby. The temptation to floor it overcomes the need to save fuel.

·
Registered
227 Posts
27 mpg is really good, i have only managed to get 23 mpg on a long trip.
This was an exception..wanted to see what mpg was possible.You`ve got to drive exceptionally restrained/carefully,literally a single twitch of the right foot and those mpg`s fall away..the figure would have been higher but i met another GTR at he end of the M40 and we zipped around a bit.Even trafficyish urban driving i can see 22/23 if i try.

·
Registered
243 Posts
From May to November last year I averaged 19 mpg, in November I had a y-pipe fitted and the 36000 mile service.

Since then 16 mpg...... WTF???

Whats to blame ? the y-pipe or the service ??

Cheers

·
Registered
321 Posts
From May to November last year I averaged 19 mpg, in November I had a y-pipe fitted and the 36000 mile service.

Cheers
May to November 2012, I suspect you will see the same 19mpg. Pointless comparing summer vs winter economy.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts

Cheers
less quality fuel?

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts

Cheers
Possibly a couple of factors.

Colder air is denser so means more fuel to maintain the AFR.

Also your y-pipe may be allowing better gas flow out which in turn means more air into engine. Again ECU may adjust fuelling to maintain AFR.

Or maybe you should just drive the thing and stop looking at the MPG?! :chuckle:

·
Registered
127 Posts
MPG

Guys
Just run the beastie to near empty to get an idea - Total 325 Mls covered with combo of local use and 44 mls a day motorway each day for 5 days.

What do ya think good bad average fora 59 plate couldn't say what stage cobb if any ????

·
Registered
321 Posts
Guys
Just run the beastie to near empty to get an idea - Total 325 Mls covered with combo of local use and 44 mls a day motorway each day for 5 days.

What do ya think good bad average fora 59 plate couldn't say what stage cobb if any ????
What is near empty though? How many litres did you squeeze back into the thing on fill up? 74 litre fuel tank so 16.28g

325/16.28 = 19.96mpg

If you only managed to squeeze 60-65litres back into the thing then it clearly wasn't empty. Your empty and my empty may be totally different things ;)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Possibly a couple of factors.

Colder air is denser so means more fuel to maintain the AFR.

Also your y-pipe may be allowing better gas flow out which in turn means more air into engine. Again ECU may adjust fuelling to maintain AFR.

Or maybe you should just drive the thing and stop looking at the MPG?! :chuckle:

thanks was half looking for a scientific explanation….

So using “man logic” getting a Cobb or the Laptop driven EcuTek software would help (as would a custom map) ???

And enjoy the new noise and use the loud more :clap::clap::clap:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts