GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Great post and funnily enough they said what I had said about emisson laws in another thread
skyline69_uk said:
Lots of people forget that OEMs have to stick by the laws for noise levels/emission/NV etc. A friend a few years back rented out one of his houses to an old guy who was a head engineer at Ford in the 70/80 and he said they had a Fiesta petrol engine doing 70mpg no problem back then but when it was re-tuned to meet emissons and noise levels they could only get 40mpg odd out of it.

It has gotten worse now so if the OEM hands were not tried by laws then they would do wonders. I had some of the laws that car manufacturers have to stick to at home and it even goes down to the spec of the fcuking door handles and locks FFS - and that IS LAW and it different in each country!

·
Registered
26,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
one of the highlights of my trip to japan was the Omori factory and them bringing down the 0001 z tune from storage and allowing us to view it

cheers Dino!

·
6,821 Posts
Is that video from 2004??
I have seen the Ferrari challenge part on Youtube some time ago.

Great action, love the Scooby report too,as they show the old Ring-times from the R32 and NSX in 1990s:flame:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts