GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

I've always sweared to the SARD mag filter for both race and street, but they are only available from Japan (or do any of you guys know where to get them in the UK?). Also they have become quite pricey the last few years.

Whats your recommendations here if I want something that peforms as well as the SARD's?

thanks.

·
Registered
25,671 Posts
They all the same pretty much

Nismo
Mu
Sard
Power r

Just shout if need one

Nissan filter is fine too

I just use a nissan one

·
Registered
491 Posts
I always the Nismo Veruspeed one. Never had any problems. Also everyone seems to be raving about those HKS filters now, but that's probably more due to their fancy color instead of any real advantage regarding function. To be fair a standard one is perfectly fine. But why not use an aftermarket one if you feel well doing so? Each to their own.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
One more thing to think about is, that very often the bottleneck in a oilsystem is the oilfilter. People put highflow pumps on the engine, but still use the stock size filters. Go as large as you can, not only outside diameter, but also oil passageways inside the filter.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Asim, what filters are you using?
I use Fram HP4 racing filter. It the biggest in size i could fit, and it has the biggest oil outlet holes. Plus it has a proper returnvalve built in the filter so it does not drain out while the engine is not running.

If i could i would fit a HP12 in there, but its to long.

And you would need a filter relocation-kit to use the HP4 on a RB engine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts