GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is the best place for wheels?

I really want to look through a lot of wheel and maybe a few photos of what they look like on a car, my main interest is someone who know what sizes and offset looks best on the GTR and what works well for the GTR.

Cost is always an issue so I want to keep the new tyres I have put on my 2011 wheels and then I have a spare set of wheels for track next year.

Any help guys? and will also look at and second hand wheels that are mint or I can refurb to new condition.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Contact Projex Wheels (Forum Sponsor) they can give you a lot of variety if you give them an approximate budget.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like I will import a set of Encor wheels, has anyone had any experience with the quality of the wheel?

On a side note does anyone know what my 2011 wheels will be worth, all 4 have marks on them, not by me but but the previous owner.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My wheels turned up today and look awesome.

I do have a question that I hope someone can answer, do the tyre pressure sensors from my standard wheels fit on the new wheels? Or do i need to buy aftermarket ones?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Did you buy COR Encor wheels? probably should of looked at this sooner as I've just taken mine off to sell with virtually brand new Michelins on.

Yes OEM TPMS will fit the wheels. If you remember which sensor goes to which new wheel. Ie. front right onto front right, etc then you'll not even need to worry about recoding them. Car will recognise them.

Great looking wheel though just fancy a change as had mine for 2 years. They go on around April and come off September time before the salts arrive. Have fun keeping them clean though :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you buy COR Encor wheels? probably should of looked at this sooner as I've just taken mine off to sell with virtually brand new Michelins on.

Yes OEM TPMS will fit the wheels. If you remember which sensor goes to which new wheel. Ie. front right onto front right, etc then you'll not even need to worry about recoding them. Car will recognise them.

Great looking wheel though just fancy a change as had mine for 2 years. They go on around April and come off September time before the salts arrive. Have fun keeping them clean though :)

Oh no! such a shame, I could have saved my self the cost of a small car! :chuckle:

Thanks for the info. I will be keeping my 2011 wheels for that very reason but wont worry about the TPMS as I wont drive it much in the winter.
I brought some poorboys wheel sealant which I hope will help!

What will you be going for next then?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I now have another problem that I cannot get MPSS for 18 weeks in the correct sizes!

I ahve been offered some Bridgestone S001 which are made for the Lexus LFA. has anyone used them or head what they are like?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I now have another problem that I cannot get MPSS for 18 weeks in the correct sizes!
I placed an order for the MPSS September 2012 and I'm still waiting thats the honest truth!

Around Feb 2013 I ended up ordering from the States.

If you've the same 21" wheel size as me the fronts are easy as the Audi Q7 uses that size, the rears were the nightmare.

A contact of mine at a tyre shop that I was actually speaking to last weekend when had tyres fitted to a daily driver reckons he can get me them pretty quick.

If you ring Apex Tyres on 01733 860 504 might be able to help, they'll be a delay in time but he was certain he could get them direct from Michelin Factory in France and the price was around from memory £280 each (fitted) I paid something like £600 each with all the import duty and shipping from the States..

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I placed an order for the MPSS September 2012 and I'm still waiting thats the honest truth!

Around Feb 2013 I ended up ordering from the States.

If you've the same 21" wheel size as me the fronts are easy as the Audi Q7 uses that size, the rears were the nightmare.

A contact of mine at a tyre shop that I was actually speaking to last weekend when had tyres fitted to a daily driver reckons he can get me them pretty quick.

If you ring Apex Tyres on 01733 860 504 might be able to help, they'll be a delay in time but he was certain he could get them direct from Michelin Factory in France and the price was around from memory £280 each (fitted) I paid something like £600 each with all the import duty and shipping from the States..

Thanks for the info. I have called a few other people to see if I can get them from another supplier but I think it is michelin quoting the quoting the time scale.

I opted for the 20" version and need 265 35 20 fronts and 305 30 20 rears!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Have you tried oponeo?
I've used them in the past for MPSS (albeit for an Audi S4 rare than GT-R) and delivery was super quick.
Prices are fab too: set of Dunlop winters for the GT-R in OEM sizes was under £1000.

Neil.

Grrrr. Post count too low to post a URL.
Try Oponeo dotcodotuk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Oops. Typo... Should read:
S4 rather than GT-R.

You probably worked that out, but this correction takes me to the magical 10 posts....
:)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Haha, well done. you're there!

I have found Michelin pilot sport cup 2 which are a porsche tyre. Any idea if these will be any good on the GTR?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hmm. Not a tyre I'd be thinking of putting on a car at this time of year. Are they not cut slicks? I might be wrong on this, but I recommend you double check.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I wont really be using the car till the summer and have other wheels for the winter, I don't really want to wait 18 weeks for MPSS though as I'd like to set up the new suspension to the wheels

1 - 20 of 21 Posts