GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make sure im fully prepared before i buy a GTR, and was wondering whats the best place in or around Dorset for servicing anf tuning. People mention Litchfield tune, can this ONLY be done at Litchfield or can other tuning centres perform it?

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
I am in Poole - my car is only looked after by Litchfields...tuning and service...either pop and see them or they can collect and drop off.

Kaizer in Kent are probably your next closest and SVM are Midlands based.

I would avoid Westover in Bournemouth...Darren the chief Nissan tech did not tell me that my had been modified when I asked if it had been even though he had helped the owner of the car do it at Santa Pod.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in Poole - my car is only looked after by Litchfields...tuning and service...either pop and see them or they can collect and drop off.

Kaizer in Kent are probably your next closest and SVM are Midlands based.

I would avoid Westover in Bournemouth...Darren the chief Nissan tech did not tell me that my had been modified when I asked if it had been even though he had helped the owner of the car do it at Santa Pod.
In Poole, wow :) hello, nice to meet someone close by with Godzilla. ok, so Litchfields do pick up and drop off service, do they leave any courtesy car?

·
Registered
522 Posts
If i was you i would just drive to litchfields. Ive made the trip several times from manchester and it only takes me a couple of hours although the trip back is usually a bit longer due to traffic. Just make a day of it,saturdays if you cant make it in the week.

Its not like it a journey you have to make every month and can be well worth your while. Even allowing for fuel costs my 36 month service still saved me £400 over what nissan wanted and i probably got a better job too!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If i was you i would just drive to litchfields. Ive made the trip several times from manchester and it only takes me a couple of hours although the trip back is usually a bit longer due to traffic. Just make a day of it,saturdays if you cant make it in the week.

Its not like it a journey you have to make every month and can be well worth your while. Even allowing for fuel costs my 36 month service still saved me £400 over what nissan wanted and i probably got a better job too!
Thank you Ned, i didnt realise they are near Gloucester, that isnt too bad, and Saturdays would be my only chance, since i have to be at the business during the week every day. Would be nice to get away, but unfortunately running my own business i have to be here.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm at Ringwood and only use Litchfields, nice drive if you go via Salisbury/Marlborough.
You'll need to book well in advance as they're mega busy.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
I have used Westover in Poole for the last 18 months and have had really good service.
I know Henry has had issues with them as he's mentioned in the past but my experience has been good so far.
Litchfields seem to have a good reputation and would possibly use them once my warranty expires as Nissan want £2600 for 1 years cover, which is a joke!
Best to ring them though as I have never had a reply to any email that I have sent them and there's no excuse for that.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am based in Poole too and have all my servicing done at Litchfield. Always go the Marlborough route which is a good drive. Plenty of cars to look at and usually a few other GTR owners to chat to whilst you wait and you'll enjoy the savings over local Nissan HPC prices!

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
In Poole, wow :) hello, nice to meet someone close by with Godzilla. ok, so Litchfields do pick up and drop off service, do they leave any courtesy car?
Pm me if you have any questions...mine Litchfield stage 4 with downpipes and a few other treats!

·
Registered
449 Posts
i agree, westover bournmouth has done a service for me before and i couldnt fault them but just had my last service done at litchfield among other things and there quality excels, everything is puka and there pricing is very reasonable and i would recommend them to anyone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts