GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Where's the best (cheapest) place to source these? Looking at 19" prices at camskill and was a little taken back by the price jump from 18" !

Also, is it true that there's a discount for those in timeattack?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Hi,

Where's the best (cheapest) place to source these? Looking at 19" prices at camskill and was a little taken back by the price jump from 18" !

Also, is it true that there's a discount for those in timeattack?
I have found Camskill to be about the best for pricing in the past mate. Don't know about the TA discount though :confused:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Camskill all the way, althoough word on the street towards the end of last year is that toyo were slashing the number of distributors 90% and putting the price up 50%, so watch out for that. Good alternatives are the kumho's.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Camskill all the way, althoough word on the street towards the end of last year is that toyo were slashing the number of distributors 90% and putting the price up 50%, so watch out for that. Good alternatives are the kumho's.
Not heard that one yet, but it wouldn't surprise me. Pure online only tyre garages will probably find it very difficult in the future too.

Good shout on the Kumhos, see: autobild trackday tyre review at tyre reviews - the online tyre guide

·
Registered
55 Posts
Oh they definitely were talking about it. I got quite a few sets of R888s at pretty much cost last year as a guy who runs a race series that uses R888s also runs a tyre shop. If he lost his deal with Toyo then he would lose the race series too, so he sold them all at cost to try and get as many sets through as possible and secure the deal with Toyo.

Not 100% whats happening now but it was DEF on the cards late last year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts