GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys. Well last night I fully killed the clutch in my 96 GTR33, so I need to get a replacement one.

Ideally I really want to get an Exedy Stage 2-3 clutch. I need it to handle about 750whp and be streetable, well as streetable as a 750whp capable clutch can be. I had an Exedy clutch in my EVO IX MR and loved it to death so I wouild really like to go with them again.

If anyone can reccomend where I can get one from, ideally in the USA, I would greatly appreciate it. Also I would like to get it as cost effectivley as possible seeing as how I wasnt expecting to have to shell out for this upgrade till later. Thanks guys.

-Sayajin

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
m6beg said:
Here you go mate.
http://www.coximport.com/exedy/
You will need a triple plate.
I have one in the Lemon very easy to use. Great on the School run

Hummm really? You dont think that a Exedy Twin is up to the task? The only reason I ask is becuase of course I am streeting my R33, as well as my power goals are a work in progress, I just dont want to have to backtrack parts so I am trying to upgrade with the right stuff from the start. Is the triple a streetable clutch?

btw, thanks a LOT for the site!

-Sayajin

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Yes Defiantly Street usable.
I have one and my mate Nick has one.
Its easy no issues at all.
If you want that sort of power you will need a triple.
Buy it once if you know what i mean.

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
Sayajin said:
Hummm really? You dont think that a Exedy Twin is up to the task? The only reason I ask is becuase of course I am streeting my R33, as well as my power goals are a work in progress, I just dont want to have to backtrack parts so I am trying to upgrade with the right stuff from the start. Is the triple a streetable clutch?

btw, thanks a LOT for the site!

-Sayajin
If you've got your fuelling set right, you can just let up the clutch and use the brake to modulate your crawl in traffic jams.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
The clutch i have is fine no issues at all.
Dont listen to the GTS-T guy He has never driven a fast GTR.

It will be fine.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Go for the Exedy triple mate its a very streetable clutch, and more than capable of handling your power, I had a twin before and it was slipping with 600 hp & a strong launch, I have the exedy triple in both my GTRs now!

Takes a little bit of getting used to at first but once you are used to it you wont have any problems in traffic etc.

Cheers

Nick.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I considered a Tilton, but for almost double the price I just couldnt justify it.

-Sayajin

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
REALLY?! Hell well where can I get one from then? From what I have always heard Tilton costs quite a bit more than Exedy. If you could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thx.

-Sayajin

·
Registered
27 Posts
Maybe you could just get silly and go for OS Giken's new Quad plate clutch.

But seriously i will agree with above i think a decent twin will do fine, but its all up to you and weather or not your content on having something driver friendly or something really hard to use.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well my main concern is that I want the clutch to be able to handle the necessary power. I would really prefer a double as I have used one before and loved it to death, however if a double will not handle the 750WHP I am shooting for then I will obviously have to go with a triple clutch.

I guess I am just trying to get someone to confirm or deny my need for a triple clutch for my HP goals? Thx.

-Sayajin

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Sayajin said:
Well my main concern is that I want the clutch to be able to handle the necessary power. I would really prefer a double as I have used one before and loved it to death, however if a double will not handle the 750WHP I am shooting for then I will obviously have to go with a triple clutch.

I guess I am just trying to get someone to confirm or deny my need for a triple clutch for my HP goals? Thx.

-Sayajin
For that power you will definitely need a Triple Believe me.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
YES **** i think your right i had a twin o s clutch in my r33gtr running 600+bhp ,nice clutch but if you turned up the boost and drove it hard it was on it,s limit,it was a full corbon clutch which i would not recomend due to not being able to get them hot enugh to work properly .my r34gtr running 600+bhp has a triple plate hks clutch ,a bit of a handfull till you get used to it ,but you,ll never get it to slip no mater what you do,highly recomended but only for the serious uses :wavey: NISMOMAN

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well it seems that I have no real choice other than a triple clutch. Now its just a matter of getting one without breaking the bank! lol. Thanks guys. If anyone else has any other low cost sources please let me know.

Thanks a lot for all the help ****, your info is always quite useful.

-Sayajin

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
nismoman said:
YES **** i think your right i had a twin o s clutch in my r33gtr running 600+bhp ,nice clutch but if you turned up the boost and drove it hard it was on it,s limit,it was a full corbon clutch which i would not recomend due to not being able to get them hot enugh to work properly .my r34gtr running 600+bhp has a triple plate hks clutch ,a bit of a handfull till you get used to it ,but you,ll never get it to slip no mater what you do,highly recomended but only for the serious uses :wavey: NISMOMAN
Agree there as well Nismoman with you. I also have a triple HKS in my Supra mmmmmm Now Now SAVAGE.:cool: :cool: Great in Traffic (NOT):bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

And no problem at all Sayajin. Just don't like to see people waist there hard earned cash

1 - 18 of 18 Posts