GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps.

wat's the best polish you've tried and kept to. Without leaving smears etc. My colour is midnight purple

Thanks.

jamie

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Products

It will all depend on condition of your paint.SSR2 and the rest of the SSR range have abrasives in them to level the paint and repair faults.If you dont have this then there are loads better but it depends on condition..

For my own car i have went through a long phase of experimenting and im slowly beginning to know what i want from the car..

At the moment im using P21S GEPC and P21S wax. Im going to go back to Vanilla Mouse , EXP and then Natty`s original for an LSP.

I have a big big list of products used and i quite like the Menzerna range..

You need to try and see what you like and i think Alex now dows sample size bottles which are a great idea and allows guys like yourself a chance to experiment with products before shelling out on full bottles.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
paintwork condition is very good, just the odd small stonechip ( 5 of em)which I've gently touched in. Obviously the front spoiler has the normal minor blemishes. I was,nt looking for an abrasive polish but I will bear that in mind for my other motor. Was looking for a polish to protect and at the same time lasts for a while, just the quick wash down as this midnight purple colour soon shows any dirt up.

cheers

jamie

·
Registered
832 Posts
Are you a hand polisher ??? If so I would look into the investment of an orbital. Once you get the paint smooth and consistant (using a good quality wax), the orbital polisher combined with a 'wax as you dry' car wax and the softest aplicator gives the best results for my rig.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I only hand polish my Gtr. The only polish that i use is the Autoglym super resin polish. I have used this for years and i am very satisfied with this product.

rb26.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Poorboys from Alex all the way :D

Washed, Clay'd, SSR2, Meguiars stage 2, EXP sealant, 3 coats of Nattys Paste Wax gave me this...

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Photoshop!!!! You obviously found the 'enhance shine' tool. :D :D ;)

Just joking mate, car looks very nice, super shiny. :smokin:

I was tempted by some of that Zymol stuff, (not the ones they sell in Halfords), that go for like £100 for a little tub and a cloth. You're meant to apply it with your bare hands apparently. :eek: I was a bit dubious as you only have to forget to take your ring off once and that's the paintwork shafted. :rolleyes:

I didn't buy it obviously, (£100 buys a lot of beer), but anyone used that real expensive Zymol stuff? Total rip or worth the money?

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
alex cresey and poorboys stuff all the way. interested in the clay bar too - but generally speaking I am a lazy git and after 3 or 4 hours just want to finish!

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
The more expensive Zymols waxes are very good but I wouldn't say are necessarily worth the money...... Applying by hand I think is completely pointless, it's alot more economical to use a foam applicator, and it will probably apply the wax thinner and more consistently as well.

£100 can get you a complete kit of top quality products that will last at least a year with regular use... I know where I'd put the money, and thats why I stock what I do.......

A wax or sealant (synthetic wax) for midnight purple:

For a carnauba paste wax (ala Zymol type waxes) then I'd pick either Harly Wax or Poorboy's Natty's Blue Wax. P21S is very popular but I think the Harly gives a better finish and you get twice as much for virtually the same money. Collinite 476s Wax lasts ages but is a little thicker to apply and remove.

A good liquid wax/sealant would be Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection (my current fave), Poorboy's EX or EX-P (very good for the money as these are about our cheapest waxes), Collinite #845 Liquid Wax which like the other Collinite lasts well and is easy to use.

None of the above will dust or stain trim either, and alot of them now, particularly the liquids can be used in the sun or on warm panels with no probs at all.

Any specific questions or if you want any prices, have a look at the site or give me a shout :).

Cheers.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Taken from www.miracledetail.co.uk :

"All treatments and applications are personally undertaken by Paul Dalton, founder and owner of Miracle Detail. Paul uses a variety of waxes, cleansers and polishes.

Currently, his favoured product is Zymol, a carnauba wax that protects paintwork underneath one or more tough, protective and water-resistant layers. Of particular note is Zymol Royale, a £6275 wax with a staggering 73% White Carnauba concentration (about half as much again as normal Zymol waxes, and 73 times more than some ‘carnauba’ waxes from unscrupulous manufacturers)."

£6275 for wax !!!!!!!!!!!!! You're having a laugh !!!!!!!!!

Jamieswift - speak to Alex Creasey, he'll be able to recommend you some products.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Dave_R1001 said:
Poorboys from Alex all the way :D

Washed, Clay'd, SSR2, Meguiars stage 2, EXP sealant, 3 coats of Nattys Paste Wax gave me this...

Car looks awesome mate ... What time lag was there in the 3 coats of wax ..
Straight after each other ?

Thanks ..

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
The sealant stayed on for 45 mins before buffing it off and the Wax was on for about 5-10 mins before starting to take it off. Probably left it 30 mins or so between coats?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Dave_R1001 said:
The sealant stayed on for 45 mins before buffing it off and the Wax was on for about 5-10 mins before starting to take it off. Probably left it 30 mins or so between coats?
Thanks for the answer mate ...

Always impressed to see someone spend so much love and time on their GTR ..
:smokin:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts