GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi peeps,

Looking to buy a sat/nav but don't know which to buy. Have approx. £300 to spend on one. Have done various searches and found some conflicting reports on various models. Can anyone recommend a non problematic one. Thanks. Jamie

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
I asked this same question about a year and a half ago,
TOM TOM GO
brilliant piece of kit.
Its very easy to use and since i bought mine i know of 4 other people who have bought them.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I recommend a Navman, They have a very good display and its very accurate. Plus it has got all the speed cameras built into it so it gives you a 1200m warning when coming up to a speed camera.:D

Just to add two other great features, One the actually satnav there is two buttons on the side. When you press the petrol one it re-routes your journey to take you to the nearest petrol station and the other one to the nearest parking. Very Very handy and good.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Tom Tom

You will pick up a Tom Tom GO 510 for that money quite easily and you wont be disappointed. It also has the speed camera locations included...

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the Garmin Nuvi 300....piece of p**s to use and there are online software upgrades available that download the latest speed camera locations....certainly saved me a few points on the license

·
Registered
562 Posts
I would also recommend Tom Tom. I have a Tom Tom 1 and found it really good. I had one small fault happen with the suction cup but Tom Tom themselves sent me a new one next day. I thought this was excellent service especially as it was nearly a year old.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I use a tomtom 510 GO as well. It's a brilliant bit of kit. Even doubles as a Bluetooth handsfree kit for your phone! :)
Halfords had them on special offer last week for £239.99

·
Registered
467 Posts
I sell satnav systems and the company to use if you want the most up-to date mapping is Garmin. The display and mapping features are well ahead of it`s competitors.

Bob

·
R35 Section manager
11,274 Posts
I use the Road Angel one, had no problems with it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the input gents. After consideration I'm going with tomtom 710. It seems a very good package and at £250 from Dixons sounds good.:D Has anyone got the 710?

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,037 Posts
Use Garmin in work. Very good and as said, the mapping is ace, but I've just bought a Tom Tom 910. A little more user friendly and with 20GB HDD, mp3, bluetooth, loads of funtionality with phone, full US/Canada/Europe maps etc, etc a bargain at £320.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I have a Garmin 510 I got for £149 at Currys - brilliant, easy to use and apparantly far better than Tom Tom stuff for Ireland/Europe maps if you intend to use it abroad.

·
Registered
589 Posts
ive got the tomtom one, mainly because it was cheap at the time but its easy to use and has all the features i would use.

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,037 Posts
I have a Garmin 510 I got for £149 at Currys - brilliant, easy to use and apparantly far better than Tom Tom stuff for Ireland/Europe maps if you intend to use it abroad.
Yeah, Tom Tom doesn't have the RoI on them at all. Just NI.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Thanks for the input gents. After consideration I'm going with tomtom 710. It seems a very good package and at £250 from Dixons sounds good.:D Has anyone got the 710?
I have the 710 and although I cannot fault how it works , Im not to impressed that there is no space for any of the updates on the card, Ive had to delete all the voices bar 2 just to put a update on. Not good! with hind site I'd have gone for a model with a larger hd\memory card.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
I use co-pilot 5, pretty good piece of kit, names the road your turning into before you turn, helps from going the wrong way and just stating take next left/right etc.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts