GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Thanks to some arm twisting by yours truley, I'm happy to announce that SIDC (Subaru Impreza Drivers Club) have allocated us a few spaces in the forthcoming SIDC End of Season Extravaganza at Bedford Autodrome.

Simply put, this track is absolutely superb and consists of one of the best circuits for the Skyline, purely because of its massive width and huge run off's which mean power oversteer aplenty without the risk of hitting the armco :eek: or the harsh abrassiveness of airfield days. I've done this circuit before and it's up there with the best. (ever done the kilometre straight? :D )

Details as follows:

SIDC End of Season Extravaganza.
Friday 30th November 8.30am - 4.30pm.
Full Gran Turismo circuit at Bedford Autodrome.

Open Pitlane!

NOISE LIMIT 101db static 87db drive by

Cost just £140

Email [email protected] for booking info with car/track experience details

Info on circuit at http://www.bedfordautodrome.co.uk

Great thing about this is it's gonna have an eclectic range of cars from all sorts of Japanese car clubs, much more interesting than the one make track days. It is a well known fact that SIDC track days are one of the best around, with marshalls, instructors available on track but more importantly, tyre and brake support team, Tyres Northampton who can change your wheels, tyres and brakes there and then on the day.

Let me know sooner rather than later, places are limited and this will be the track day of the year. :)

Cem

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I agree!

Cem I have to agree it is a top track and will suit the cars very well, unfortunately I think I have run out of holiday and will have to miss it!:( Bugger!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I must get there!

I think Cem has all the answers, still some left for sure. A lot of the SIDC members had already booked themselves on the Donno and Brands before this one was announced hence a lot of space.

I wonder if I can pull a sicky?

Guy Im seeing Rule and Dan tonight!

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
sshhh!

It is a brilliant track, but unfortunately they do enforce the noise limit strictly, so if your car is noisy, be warned! I've seen standard TVRs etc with factory sports exhausts being thrown off before. My F355 is a complete non-starter with that tubi-style system.

But those of you who are allowed on will have a great time!!

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey all,

David, you're right, the noise limits are enforced there, but there is a way of dodging the limits. The mic's are only in one place so all you need to do is lift off as you pass it.

I got black flagged in the Makinen earlier this year, but the marshall was good enough to tell me where the mic was and he advised me to lift off at the mic.

Hope this helps all!

Cem

·
Registered
5 Posts
Everytime i hear Bedford Autodrome i think of my mates car 400bhp r33.It blew up on a howfast day!!
he did get to number11 with a time of 2mins 49.

It was only just run in !!!

ouch!!

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Hi Duncan,

Well sort of. Darren and Bob came to the first track at Kemble in Bob's 34 while Darren's 33 was being fixed by Ian @ Hiteq. Darren's a pretty mean driver by all accounts and in Bob's 34 he was one of if not the quickest there.

I'll get some times when we go to Bedford to see how close we can get to his time! :)

Cheers.

Peter.

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi all,

I have spoken with Stef. He apologises for not having returned many emails, he has been busy (his birthday :rolleyes: ) but he said that he would reply to everyone either tonight or tommorow. Meanwhile, would all those who have expressed an interest for this day please send a cheque for £140.00, made payable to SIDC to the following address:

Bedford Events
P.O. Box 5604
Northampton
NN4 0YJ

Cheers,

Cem

·
Registered
327 Posts
Any Room left?

Hi Cem

Is there any places left or will I just have to come with the camera?

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Peter,

I'm not really sure mate, I think we have at least 3-4 going at the moment.

Bruce,
If you send your cheque off this week and confirm by email straight away, then there will be a place for you.

Hope this helps!
:)

Cem

·
Registered
5 Posts
:D

Hi Peter just read the reply (not been on computer for a few days)

Darren is a very quick driver(and even quicker in someone elses car!!;) )
I've not seen him for a few weeks because his wife has had twin girls,so he will have his hands full!!

i will mention ive spoken to you and see if he remembers.

Bobs R34 is a gorgeous car and he's spent many £0000's on it.
its good that he takes it to as many track days as he can and gets the full potential of the car.

I dont know whats happend to Darrens 33,whether he's sold it or it's still in the garage getting fixed.

Duncan..

(sorry Cem for highjacking the thread)

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Hi Cem,

Thanks for the opportunity to attend the SIDC event at Bedford yesterday. It was good to meet you and Dave (geezajob) and put some more faces to names! We found the SIDC guys to be a really friendly bunch.

Bedford, as expected, certainly lived up to your description of this thread. PalmerSport are to be congratulated for providing such a fantastic venue. Clean safe interesting circuit, fabulous facilities (clean heated loos, tea and coffee on tap all day, free instruction, pit garages, SUL on site, etc, etc).

Having read that 50 cars was the maximum number of cars to be allowed on the circuit at any one time and being an open pit lane event, I was expecting a busy track however as only 35 cars turned up, track time was completely unlimited. The circuit was a little lively in the damp/wet conditions especially with a set of barely road legal SO2s. I managed to get through 2 tanks of fuel (7mpg) on track and finished off the SO2s although I had arranged for a new set of SO3s to be fitted by Tyres of Northampton for the journey home. My car never missed a beat all day and loved the circuit. Roll on the next opportunity to drive here! :D

SteveC even managed to capture on video a rather impressive flame out on the 1 km straight. :)

Cheers,

Peter.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Agreed.

Was great meeting you in the end. As I said, Bedford is superb for the Skyline, in the wet, I found it to be a hoot. An absolute blast.

Look forward to the next one.

Cem

1 - 20 of 20 Posts